Just be mad if you must | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Just be mad if you must

Phinzone

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
I am. I'm sincerely hurt by this decision. I have ALWAYS loved watching Ricky play, it was a dream come true for him to become a dolphin! And then this. I'm SEVERLY disappointed, and really mad at him. He gave no warning and I really feel he's letting us down.

However he feels he has to make this decision. Would you stay in a career that your not enjoying to make other people happy? He's really not making things "better' in the world so it's not a selfless act for him to play football while others benefit. And the lifestyle he is in is in the public eye. It goes FAR beyond sunday games and he never gets a break. We've ALL known he has depression and anxiety issues.

As hard that it is that he is leaving and that we all feel betrayed (i agree, i feel the same way) we should put this in perspective. It's hard to fault a guy for trying to live a better life for himself. Let's just cage our beasts for awhile and see how this shakes out. It may not be a horrible thing....

I agree. His only fault was the timing. THAT'S what hurts.

If he'd have done this before the draft, after the draft, in June, heck even a week ago......best of luck to ya. But by doing it NOW.......still wish you the best of luck. But man am I disappointed in ya.

In essence, timing was everything. He would have avoided the firestorm and would not have harmed his teammates, coaches, etc by giving better notice.

The thing that pisses me off is that there are millions of guys who bust their asses to get to his level and achieve this. He just throws it away like it is nothing. To many drugs been messing with his head. I don't respect people who smoke weed or do any other kinds of drugs. Weed causes people to lose motivation for working hard in life, trust I have seen it happen to lost of my friends. I know this is his decision and it is not his dream. But it was at one time and if he would straighten up he would realize his dream again. That depression and anxiety dissorder you speak of, blame that on the weed.

Phinzone said:
I am. I'm sincerely hurt by this decision. I have ALWAYS loved watching Ricky play, it was a dream come true for him to become a dolphin! And then this. I'm SEVERLY disappointed, and really mad at him. He gave no warning and I really feel he's letting us down.

However he feels he has to make this decision. Would you stay in a career that your not enjoying to make other people happy? He's really not making things "better' in the world so it's not a selfless act for him to play football while others benefit. And the lifestyle he is in is in the public eye. It goes FAR beyond sunday games and he never gets a break. We've ALL known he has depression and anxiety issues.

As hard that it is that he is leaving and that we all feel betrayed (i agree, i feel the same way) we should put this in perspective. It's hard to fault a guy for trying to live a better life for himself. Let's just cage our beasts for awhile and see how this shakes out. It may not be a horrible thing....

Lincoln freed the slaves, Ricky is free to retire. But he did so at EXACTLY the worst time possible. When a team and a fan base has embraced you the way Miami has, it's wrong to screw them over with your timing. Make this decision in March, or don't make it until next year. Freedom doesn't mean freedom from obligation.

He ****ed us over. You dont do what he did, people give 2 weeks notice all the time. I definitely agree that this shoulda been done early april or not till next year is finished. Its wrong and he deserved what he will get for being such a selfish bastard.

Anyone want to trade jerseys. I'll give you my Orange authentic ricky jersey for a fiedler one. At least that guy has heart and loyalty. Ricky is a ****ing douchebag.

I guess it's his choice, but why on Earth did he put on that whole charade when he first came to Miami? "I'm finally happy and comfortable with my surroundings"....or something to that effect. :shakeno:

"Would you stay in a career that your not enjoying to make other people happy?"

Yes. Most of us do, for a hell of a lot less than 3.5 million a year. Its called being an adult. Living up to your responsibilities.

The hell if I ever will. I have things to do with my life. I am aspiring to be a football coach and take my knowledge to the highest level I can. I will not have some stupid plant hold back my motivation.

i agree , the timing is horrible. can minor , henry, share the load at running back.. i think its possible ! maybe look for someone else and if not theres always robert edwards.

your right , sounds retarded!

bakedmatt said:
hah... uh... i'm very sorry but that sounds toooooo stupid.
:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :goof: :goof:

outtawack311 said:
Anyone want to trade jerseys. I'll give you my Orange authentic ricky jersey for a fiedler one. At least that guy has heart and loyalty. Ricky is a ****ing douchebag.

True that man... TRUE THAT!

Back
Top Bottom