Just Because You Can Call Your Players Out, That Doesn't Make You a Good Coach | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Just Because You Can Call Your Players Out, That Doesn't Make You a Good Coach

Prime Time

Screw You Guys..Im Goin Home!!!
Reaction score
I know people want Wanny to call his players out, because alot of you say "That is what makes a coach." Just because the most succesful guys, Parcells, Grudenm Bellichek might do it, does not mean If you do it, you will be a Great head coach. Take Jim Mora for example. He yelled and screamed and shouted and held players responsible for their play and where is he now? At home scratching his ba...head. So If Wanny does not get in any more players faces and such, do not say "Oh Our season is ruined."

-Prime Time

Let's see, at work if your production down does the boss say 'you need to increase you numbers as they've dropped off', or would he say 'don't worry, we all have bad days, just keep your chin up. I'm sorry, but making millions of dollars you damn sure should be held accountable. If you don't address the problem it may not get fixed and I don't think the positive reinforcement works all the time. If a player is slacking sometimes they need to be told.

Originally posted by Prime Time
I know people want Wanny to call his players out, because alot of you say "That is what makes a coach." Just because the most succesful guys, Parcells, Grudenm Bellichek might do it, does not mean If you do it, you will be a Great head coach. Take Jim Mora for example. He yelled and screamed and shouted and held players responsible for their play and where is he now? At home scratching his ba...head. So If Wanny does not get in any more players faces and such, do not say "Oh Our season is ruined."

-Prime Time

Well that's not the thing, those guys disipline their team unlike Dave Wannstead. Dave Wannstead its also too conservative and as you see, we sometimes lose games that we shouldn't because we didn't make the nessesary adjustments.

Take it for example, when Terry Cousin spat at another player. He was fined by the league but did wanny do anything? What about when Lorenzo Bromell spat at another player? Where was the disipline?

Wannstead has failed in chicago as a head coach and a general manager. He also didn't get along with the general manager and due to differences and season failures, he was fired.

His bears team did real well in his first seasons but then they sucked, a lot of conservativeness.

When did Jim Mora call any of his players out?? He would say the offense sucked or the defense, but never any players....at least not publically. I agree it should mostly be done behind closed doors, but he reminds me a lot of Wanny, both are too soft.
Coach/player relationships are something like the father/son relationships. You can't be more worried about being their friends than their wel-being. If the father tries too hard to be their friend or liked, then the child becomes a spoiled brat, and undisplined. Same with a coach. He has to be the leader and be man enough to call people out. Not out of anger but out of a larger understanding of the big picture. Players HAVE to be held responsible. Wanny does not do that. He also does not know how to make half time adjustments, but that is another topic.

Jim Mora also had his "coulda woulda shoulda" rant. That was priceless. "We didn't do diddly poop!"

Jim Mora Jr. remarked that he had never heard his Dad "curse" like that before. This rant did have a positive effect.

This is one of my first posts in this forum. Don't let my Avatar fool you, I am a Dolphin fan. The Saints are my team from birth, we were born in the same year. I have only liked the Dolphins since I was around 8. This is completely legal since both teams are in different confrences :D

I think he needs more discipline on this team. We have way to many penalties wayto many sacks special teams suck defense don't play to their potential, YEAH I think its time to start calling people out!!!:yell: :yell: :yell: :jumper:

Back
Top Bottom