Just call #29 Madis-done | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Just call #29 Madis-done

DolfanDaveInMI

Active Roster
Reaction score
Because the way he's playing tonight -- and the last two seasons, for that matter -- he is done. We'll take a big cap hit by cutting him but it's probably in the long-term interests of the defense. Use a mid-round pick on a corner and bring T-Buck back for one more year as a transition.

I'm gonna take by the big no response that everyone thinks you're wrong. Madison allowed two completions all night. The two passes Madison gave up were that 10 yard pass to Johnson & a WR screen that went to Johnson for 9 yards. Hardly playing like Jerry Wilson. The drive where he had the missed tackle & allowed Johnson to get the first down on third down didn't effect our D. They didn't get any points out of the drive. Madison has played his a$$ off all year, much better than last year. He's played better than Surtain this year, who got burned by Coles for a TD.

thats true, it was surtan that got roasted by coles.
madison is playing more physical this year, especially last few weeks he has stepped it up, we should call it the madi-zone

Surtain has played better...he has covered better and has gotten more INTs, BUT Madison is having a solid year...he is having a better year then last year because last year he had a tear in his knee and that slowed him down..but he still played through it. He is one tough SOB and a great playmaker. Steps up when you need him to and plays well game in and game out.

Honestly, I couldn't tell you which is playing better. They are both making some tough tackles, they are both shutting down their recievers, and they're both getting their picks. Its a great problem to have......

Madison has been up and down this year more than most, especially considering that he's facing #2 recievers. And I know that the missed tackles are getting infuriating, but Madison was never known as a powerful tackler, hes a cover guy pure and simple and is still doing a solid job of it.

Is he the Sammy of old?

Nope.

Is he as good as Surtain now?

Nope.

Is he still better than 80% of the starting CB's in the NFL?

Oh hell yeah. ;)

That is true, but one thing im starting not to like about him is his dumb mouth and actions on the field.. He atleast gets one unnecessary roughness or unsportmanlike conduct, cuase of stupid mistakes after the play is dead...

Originally posted by Prime Time
Surtain has played better...he has covered better and has gotten more INTs, BUT Madison is having a solid year...he is having a better year then last year because last year he had a tear in his knee and that slowed him down..but he still played through it. He is one tough SOB and a great playmaker. Steps up when you need him to and plays well game in and game out.

I don't see how you figure Surtain has played better this year. Madison has tackled, at least IMO, better Surtain & has had better coverage. If you're going by interception #s it could be closer with Madison having 4 ints & Surtain 5(remember Surtain took one out of Madison's hands during the Giants game I believe). Madison also leads Surtain in the fewest times burnt for a TD; Madison once by Santana & Surtain twice by Bradford & Coles.

Not true...he has not gotten one in quite a few weeks. Please tell me the last time he did this?

Originally posted by SMadison29

I don't see how you figure Surtain has played better this year. Madison has tackled, at least IMO, better Surtain & has had better coverage. If you're going by interception #s it could be closer with Madison having 4 ints & Surtain 5(remember Surtain took one out of Madison's hands during the Giants game I believe). Madison also leads Surtain in the fewest times burnt for a TD; Madison once by Santana & Surtain twice by Bradford & Coles.

Marion is the one that had an INT in the Giants game where it popped out of Madisons. Madison was also burned by whoever was the guy that scored the GW TD when we played New England. None the less both are playing solid and both are having Pro Bowl years.

If im not mistaken Madison has been on the Jacked up segments on Espn twice.He also has 3 INT and I think is having a solid year. Face it we have two of the best Corners in the NFL....

It was Brock Marion and Sammy Knight that got burned by Troy Brown in OT, not Madison......

Madison Comments

Regarding the Sam Maddison message. He clearly is not playing at Surtains level the last 2 seasons. Incase I am the only one to notice. his tackling has been worse every game. Last night on a critical 3rd down in the 4th quarter, he allowed a smalled player than him break his tackle. He has a way of bumping into people, instead of wrapping them up and driving through them, the way Troy Vincent used to.

Back
Top Bottom