Just call #29 Madis-done | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Just call #29 Madis-done

Marion is the one that had an INT in the Giants game where it popped out of Madisons.

I've got the game on tape, Marion tipped it & Surtain stole it from Madison's hands.

Madison was also burned by whoever was the guy that scored the GW TD when we played New England. None the less both are playing solid and both are having Pro Bowl years.

Brown lined up across from Surtain to begin the play. We were in a Deep 3 Zone & he got behind Marion & Knight. Madison was nowhere near that play.

If im not mistaken Madison has been on the Jacked up segments on Espn twice.

You are correct. He was first place for that hit against the Titans & he was 2nd earlier in the year against ??

Re: Madison Comments

Originally posted by iansherwood74
Regarding the Sam Maddison message. He clearly is not playing at Surtains level the last 2 seasons. Incase I am the only one to notice. his tackling has been worse every game. Last night on a critical 3rd down in the 4th quarter, he allowed a smaller player than him break his tackle. He has a way of bumping into people, instead of wrapping them up and driving through them, the way Troy Vincent used to.

The last time I checked Madison's 185 lbs is less than Morton's 203 lbs. That's nearly 20lbs. Also, I don't know if anyone has seen the replay but Madison saved a touchdown on that play. It was a blown coverage by someone & luckily Madison saw Morton out of the corner of his eye to drop off his man as the ball was released. If he wasn't there to slow him down there's no way Knight could've run down Morton in the open field. Madison is human, he will miss a tackle every now & then. What about Zach & his missed tackles lately?

You saying that Madison has not played at Surtain's level this year must mean you haven't watched all of the games. Madison has played better than Surtain.

IMO you also have to evaluate a player's performance as it relates to the salary cap and if the hit is affordable. I think that's why some drafted players are kept on the roster aa a replacement may even be paid less but the difference is negligible or not worth it in view of the cap hit.

Sam Madison
2004 salary $6.300M
cut Before 6/1 dead money $5.214M
Net savings $ 1.086M

cut after 6/1 dead money $1.738M
Net Savings $4.562M
2005 dead money $3.476M

2004 base salary $6.300M
prorated bonus $1.738M

2004 cap charge $ 8.038M

Do you think Sam is worth the $8 million cap charge next year???

I just finished doing all the 2004 numbers for discussion purposes as so many posters are talking about next season already.

Originally posted by DolfanDaveInATX
Because the way he's playing tonight -- and the last two seasons, for that matter -- he is done. We'll take a big cap hit by cutting him but it's probably in the long-term interests of the defense. Use a mid-round pick on a corner and bring T-Buck back for one more year as a transition.

Tell Ya what you can always root for the Patriots instead:lol:

Originally posted by DolfanDaveInATX
Because the way he's playing tonight -- and the last two seasons, for that matter -- he is done. We'll take a big cap hit by cutting him but it's probably in the long-term interests of the defense. Use a mid-round pick on a corner and bring T-Buck back for one more year as a transition.

Sounds like you haven't watched much of madison this year.

No, Sam isn't worth 8 mill and that's why he'll restructure :D

It's really a toss up for who is the best CBs/CB tandem in the league.

I believe someone on ESPN (mind you) said Buchanan and Woodson are the best CB tandem in the league. Then there is Bailey and Smoot.

And our boys.

If your going to make a statement like get rid of so n so, in this case Madison, who are you going to replace him with? Fletcher, T-Buck, a draft pick? Don't say a free agent becuase Miami needs any money they have to get offensive help.

Oh yeah, let's draft a CB in the first round. Anyone remember the last time the team did that (Jamar Fletcher)? How about let's draft for a position of need (OL, QB, WR) rather than letting go of a guy who is still better than most of the CBs in the league.

I should add that the QB/WR class is very deep this year.....it just makes sense to use the first pick in that area.

Madison has played well in coverage, very well. The guy just can't wrap up and tackle, although he is not the only one on this defense who doesn't wrap up well, I have seen Taylor way to often go for the strip instead of the tackle, I don't know if they are being coached this, but it happens alot and it shouldn't, make the tackles and get off the field, quit trying to score on Defense, eventually the offense will, if you keep stopping them.

Originally posted by StartingTailbak
No one in this league is worth 8 mil but if that's the going rate then pay the man.

Maybe this will help. The top ten paid corners in the NFL.

Franchise and Transition Numbers
# Name Pos. Team Salary
1 Aaron Glenn CB HT 9,079,843.00
2 Sam Madison CB MD 6,037,931.00
3 Marcus Coleman CB HT 5,380,750.00
4 Ty Law CB NEP 4,710,188.41
5 Duane Starks CB AC 4,600,000.00
6 Ashley Ambrose CB AF 3,950,000.00
7 Tyrone Williams CB GBP 3,800,000.00
8 Bobby Taylor CB PE 3,750,000.00
9 Charles Woodson CB OR 3,708,333.00
10 Ray Buchanan CB AF 3,359,803.59

Franchise Tag $5,962,000 average of top 5 league slaries.

Transition Tag $4,838,000 average of top 10 league salaries.

Thanks StartingTailbak I may include this info or at least provide a link to the NFLPA info so people have a reference to decide if the salaries are too high.

Madison doesn't get the INTs like earlier in his career but he's doing a great job this year in coverage unlike last year.

You can't expect him (or anyone else) to not allow a catch every once in a while. Instead of focusing on a play we have to focus on a game or a season.

And don't forget that if Madison is getting paid to keep the ball out of the WR hand, this guy is paid to catch it before Madison does his job. There's a winner AND a loser on each play. You can't win every time.

Back
Top Bottom