just curious what the % will be. (OG) | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

just curious what the % will be. (OG)

is OG coming back a good move in your opinion?

• YES, he makes us a better team this season

Votes: 26 48.1%
  • NO, I would hate to see a young guy cut for OG

Votes: 24 44.4%
  • the guy who posted this OG thread is a *** ****!!!

Votes: 4 7.4%

• Total voters
bobby humphrey is the reason i am a dolphin fan, so it is fitting that i am known as him on the dolphin board. as far as humphrey's season as a dolphin goes, i feel he had a graet season. as a back up and 3rd down back he almost gained 1000 total yards from scrimage. name our last back up that has done that. with 54 rec and a 4.6 yard average on the ground, i think he had a great season. it's to bad a injury ended his career, of miami would of had its next 1000 yard rusher since delvin williams.

Originally posted by Gonk
I don't get why he's getting ripped on so much. The guy makes big plays EVERY GAME. How many one-handed catches have you seen him make over the middle for the extra yard? He's one of the best possession recievers in the game, if you throw something at him; he'll catch it. Not to mention, Fiedler says he's very happy with Orande and more comfortable with him than any other reciever. He probably won't start again this year, but he has proven himself in this league unlike the rookies who just look good in the NFLE.

I'd take OG over any of the rookie guys. Now we have four starting WR's.

OG DOESN'T catch everything thrown his way.. He does make some pretty great one handed catches here and there, but he also drops alot of easy ones. It's just when he makes one of those great ones everybody forgets about the drops and that is all they talk about. we don't need him on this team. He is not bringing any extra that we don't have besides his attitude that we don't need. I hope he doesn't even make the cuts.

OG does make great catches but lets not forget... Thompson can do the same thing! Ive seen it when he played for Washington and ive seen it in the mini-camps. I can probably promise you he will be the next OG but faster, younger and without so many injuries. Next year, Thompson is going to be the guy everyone is screaming about.

And i have to state again that i personally like OG... i just think his time here is limited now with the WR's we now have.

Originally posted by Bobby Humphrey
bobby humphrey is the reason i am a dolphin fan, so it is fitting that i am known as him on the dolphin board. as far as humphrey's season as a dolphin goes, i feel he had a graet season. as a back up and 3rd down back he almost gained 1000 total yards from scrimage. name our last back up that has done that. with 54 rec and a 4.6 yard average on the ground, i think he had a great season. it's to bad a injury ended his career, of miami would of had its next 1000 yard rusher since delvin williams.

Thanks for taking the time to explain. As for Humphrey, I'm afraid I see things differently. Shula was always looking for someone to replace Mark Higgs, and in spite of that, Bobby Humphrey still couldn't beat him out for the job. IMHO, had Humphrey or Aaron Craver not been injured the following year, it was Craver who would probably have been the workhorse back.

Humphrey was a decent RB, I just don't think that he was particularly special in Miami.

Anyway, thanks for explaining :)

u have to remember humphrey didn't play the season before joining miami (only 11 carries) so i think shula didn't want to rush him in. also, in humphrey's last game as a dolphin (in the play-offs) he was the starting back.

Originally posted by Bobby Humphrey
u have to remember humphrey didn't play the season before joining miami (only 11 carries) so i think shula didn't want to rush him in. also, in humphrey's last game as a dolphin (in the play-offs) he was the starting back.

Indeed, he was the starting back, but he should not have been IMO. Aaron Craver had destroyed the Chargers in the previous game, and against Buffalo, he only got to carry twice.

I tend not to adhere to the role player issue MD. I just dont want OG taking place of a young guy with an actual FUTURE, not just a past that he can brag about.

On the role player issue, well lets think about it for a moment. In Norv's offense why would we need diversity in our receiving corp? He's got 2 WRs on the field at all times, sometimes in a 2-TE set he's only got 1 WR. Sometimes (rarely) he puts 3 WRs on the field and he NEVER puts 4 WRs on the field. Serious, when we go to a 4 WR spread set Randy McMichael will be one of those WRs. Right now, McKnight has the starting job but most of us seem to take it for granted that Derrius Thompson will beat him out for that job. So basically if the only thing that is going to put a different WR on the field is injury, I'm not sure I understand why that person you put on the field in place of the injured person, should be a different style of WR. If anything, if Chambers goes down we could put in McKnight because he's a speed guy, and if DT goes down we can put in Oronde Gadsden because he's a physical guy. I'm not sure I see the problem here.

I would just rather see Robert Baker or Kendall Newson hold that 5th WR spot...NOT Oronde Gadsden.

Originally posted by ckparrothead
I tend not to adhere to the role player issue MD. I just dont want OG taking place of a young guy with an actual FUTURE, not just a past that he can brag about.

On the role player issue, well lets think about it for a moment. In Norv's offense why would we need diversity in our receiving corp? He's got 2 WRs on the field at all times, sometimes in a 2-TE set he's only got 1 WR. Sometimes (rarely) he puts 3 WRs on the field and he NEVER puts 4 WRs on the field. Serious, when we go to a 4 WR spread set Randy McMichael will be one of those WRs. Right now, McKnight has the starting job but most of us seem to take it for granted that Derrius Thompson will beat him out for that job. So basically if the only thing that is going to put a different WR on the field is injury, I'm not sure I understand why that person you put on the field in place of the injured person, should be a different style of WR. If anything, if Chambers goes down we could put in McKnight because he's a speed guy, and if DT goes down we can put in Oronde Gadsden because he's a physical guy. I'm not sure I see the problem here.

I would just rather see Robert Baker or Kendall Newson hold that 5th WR spot...NOT Oronde Gadsden.

Yea CK, you hit one of my points..I want a chance on new blood.
I was going back to the Dallas Cowboy days, both Irvin and Harper were pretty fast...I notice with OG in there last year teams could double CC effective because they didn't have to worry about he deep speed of our other receiver, ie OG..The safeties played closer to the line..Speed kills in this league, that''s why our D is so fast..(or the concept behind it)..DT, OG, and Toliver are the same players, except DT and Tolver are faster than OG..if they were kept, that's 3 possession receivers..and only 2 fast guys..if CC or Mcknight goes down, you start seeing teams playing 8 in the box, double CC, but with CC and McK on the field..Teams Safties can't play up or double CC. they have to respect Mcknight's speed..This open up the O for Ricky and CC.and better lanes for our TE's and FB out of the back field..Watch some of the old Dallas Stuff and you'll see what I'm talking about...So if we keep Baker, Newson or Jackson and CC or Mcknight go down, we still have the same threats..I look at the stragety, not just the players..even if Norv, does the slit TE and other stuff, It doesn't open up the field forever and you got to go back to your base sometimes..that's why I was concerned..Speed=playmakers, YAC, Breakaway TDs, stretch the field..Mcknight was a good example of this last year..DT can do what OG does, so why keep 3 possession type recievers?

Bottom line is I do adhere to the role player issue ..it's apart of a team's strategy (SP)..like #1 or #2 receivers..why not just receivers? They signify something..

Last edited by a moderator:
should i be sad that 8.51% of people who did this poll think i am a *** ****? if u average that out buy att the members on this site, that makes like 154 people. wow, thats alot of people. so if you average that out amoung the football world, i bet like 7 million people would think i am a *** ****. if u average that out amount america, that would meant like 25 million people think i am a *** ****. this all means one thing and only one thing, i must be a *** ****.

Originally posted by inFINSible
If he's so good why couldn't he find a job?.....If we are missing some receiver extraordinare, why didn't any of the 31 other teams and 100's of personell men jump at the chance to sign such a diamond?....He's been dangling his arthritic toes in the Free Agency pool for almost a year now and he still hasn't gotten an offer that he could be satisfied with. You think that's because he's got a whole pile of offers in front of him and he's going through each them carefully? No, it's because no body else wants him! What's not to understnd ....better yet what is there to get excited about??

Maybe it's his blistering lifetime average of 3 catches per game......Or his lifetime 45 yards per game....... Wait, it's probably his eye popping .33 TDs per game,that has Dolphin fans loopy over the prospect of getting OG back....I mean, all that and a "me first" attitude to boot! What's not to love?

InFins, I think he'll make the team if for no other reason than he has been pretty much Fiedler's go to guy. jay's is comfortable with him in there and with all the ruckus with the Fiedler/Griese stuff, i think he's here.
However, I do agree with your assessment of him tho, it's pretty much on it, IMO. OG has only himself and/or his agent for this whole fiasco. If he/they accepted the offer last fall, they would've been way ahead of the game with his spot locked up cuz we wouldn't've had the "need" to go get thompson or the others as badly. But you know what they say about the grass?? ;) ;)

Back
Top Bottom