1 13 Donte' Stallworth WR Tennessee
3 82 James Allen OLB Oregon State
4 125 Keyuo Craver CB Nebraska
5 150 Mel Mitchell SS Western Kentucky
6 196 John Gilmore TE Penn State
7 224 Derrius Monroe DE Virginia Tech

Quite frankly, I am not impressed by this guy

rafael said:
My opinion hasn't changed. Mule definately has some negatives and wouldn't be my choice. That's why I found all those "why so negative" and "stop bashing him" threads so stupid. I should change my opinion b/c Saban picked him? If that's the case why even bother having an opinion? Lets just wait until Saban tells us what we should think. Too many people seem to think their heroes are infallible.

Saban's not my hero nor do I think he's infallible. All I'm saying is he's got nowhere to go but up, and so far it looks to me like he's systematically and objectively improved both our personnel and coaching staff. I don't have any opinion about Mueller good or bad, but I assume Saban interviewed him, studied him and assessed his history before signing off on the hire. You probably know more than me about Mueller's abilities and faults, but Saban just doesn't seem the type to fill such an important position without doing his homework.

islandah said:
Saban's not my hero nor do I think he's infallible. All I'm saying is he's got nowhere to go but up, and so far it looks to me like he's systematically and objectively improved both our personnel and coaching staff. I don't have any opinion about Mueller good or bad, but I assume Saban interviewed him, studied him and assessed his history before signing off on the hire. You probably know more than me about Mueller's abilities and faults, but Saban just doesn't seem the type to fill such an important position without doing his homework.

I don't have a problem with somebody saying "I don't know, but I trust so and so". My problem with it is that inevitably somebody will say "I guess you think you know more than Saban" or whoever it is their idolizing. Then I usually get called ignorant for having a different opinion than that person. And it's not like I'm telling anybody else what to think. All I usually do is say "I disagree" and give my reasons. The reality is that I know a great deal about football, certainly more than most people I meet. I don't claim to know it all or even more than everybody here, but I am confident in my knowledge. I just find it annoying when I'm people who obviously know less than me tell me I'm wrong and can't come up with a coherent reason to support their position or worse thinks that "so and so knows more" is a coherent argument. Usually I just ignore this drivel, but this thread came right after I read yet another post telling me what to do and I reacted.

Back
Top Bottom