Just Defended Marino Decision On Coltsfreak.com!! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Just Defended Marino Decision On Coltsfreak.com!!

DolfanF150

Practice Squad
Reaction score
First off I know the Pats losing will not make the fish any better but seeing NE piss away a 14-2 season would still make me very happy. Secondly I know I'm going to be defending this Marino decision until Miami actually wins something which believe me I know they didn't do with him at QB for 17 years. However anyone who thinks Marino is a "figure head" so that the coach who drove him out of town can continue to make the personnel decisions is very ignorant. Do I think Dan Marino is the best director of football operations in the NFL???? No that would be ridiculous. He does bleed aqua and orange though and anyone who doesn't see the fact that there are not many people on this earth who would rather see the Miami Dolphins succeed more than Danny boy are kidding themselves. When you look at the kind of passion Marino has for the game of football it should be obvious that he would never accept a job as just a "figure head". Say he won't do a good job or anything along those lines but please don't be stupid about this. Dan Marino will not tolerate the piss poor offense we have witnessed over the past 3 seasons I guarantee it.

One more thing that you have to remember most fans of AFC East division rivals hate Marino anyway and would never have anything good to say about him. As much as he blows both Indy and NE right now does not matter. If he said that the 2003 Colts and Pats were the best 2 teams in NFL history and have by far and away the best fans in the NFL you guys still wouldn't like him.

we should get a pretty good idea as to the actual power that comes with marino's position beginning very soon...there are several areas of this team that need to be addressed.

i'm not happy with the hiring...i hope i am proven wrong.

Originally posted by Fiedler for MVP
we should get a pretty good idea as to the actual power that comes with marino's position beginning very soon...there are several areas of this team that need to be addressed.

i'm not happy with the hiring...i hope i am proven wrong.

Ya I'm curious to see what his first few moves will be (after the SB). Also, with FA starting up in March and the draft in April, could get REALLY interesting.........

GO DANNY!

I am one of the most devoted Phin fans around and I must say that I found out about the GM hiring about 6 hours after I heard that Dan was hired as VP. And to be honest after getting hyped up thinking that one of these guys would have the authority to pull the trigger or lobby to Wayne that it was time for a coaching change if we have another gut wreching season next year it will only confirm my fear that Wayne does nothing to improve this team as much as his mediocre coach plays not to lose football games.

Don't get me wrong I like Speilman and would have felt that he was a fall guy but after saying your head coach needs to get into the playoffs to keep his job, then give him a contract extension, make believe that you are interviewing for a new GM position, throwing the games best names around then hiring Dan Marino who to me is the best pure passing QB to ever live to come in and be Speilman's and Wanny's boss yet he has no front office experience.

How come no one else feels like they have been fleeced. After being eliminated from the playoffs in 2002, missing the playoffs in '03 and being circle jerked in '04.

What can we expect this year? I don't want to even speculate.

Is Fiedler starting next year? That would not surprise me if that was the next press release.

There isn't a shot in hell that Fe Fe is going to be around next year....Marino hates him and thinks he sucks, this WILL be the first move Marino has influence on....he'g going to bring in Brunell....Marino may not make any decisions at all this entire season but the one thing he will do is ultimately decide who our next QB is going to be...this is GUARANTEED....Fiedler better look into coaching pop warner!

Back
Top Bottom