Just for the hell of it | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Just for the hell of it

Jaj

What you say?
Reaction score
Do you guys think that since the Redskins want a QB and Lavar Arrington continues his bad relations with the Redskins organization, the Browns and Redskins could make a switch of the 3 and 9? The Browns have cap room and Arrington could make the perfect 3-4 LB. The Redskins played last season without him and had a very strong D. Could they want Aaron Rodgers?

Please discuss as this affects who we can take once we trade down hopefully...

I could imagine them dropping Brunell or trying to ship Ramsey away. It's not really a huge problem for them since both were less than impressive last year.

Jaj said:
Do you guys think that since the Redskins want a QB and Lavar Arrington continues his bad relations with the Redskins organization, the Browns and Redskins could make a switch of the 3 and 9? The Browns have cap room and Arrington could make the perfect 3-4 LB. The Redskins played last season without him and had a very strong D. Could they want Aaron Rodgers?

I was reading a article that said if they cut Arrington they would take a 12 million dollar cap hit. Would that be the same cap hit they would take buy trading him? It wouldnt be a bad trade for Cleveland.

I'm not sure how bad the cap hit would be. His contract is one of the most confusing things I think the world has ever seen...

However I do remember him having some very harsh words for Gibbs and Coles' contract was not exactly cheap either yet it was done away it by trade.

So what does this trade mean for us? I think Washington may be content taking either wr or qb at 3.

Say for example someone traded up and took Ronnie Brown at 3, possibly Arizona that would hurt our chances of having a choice of Williams and Benson at 7.

I think they made the trade with the Broncos so they could get Jason Campbell..

If that happened, I'd see the draft going

1- Smith
2-(assuming to Minnesota) Edwards
3- Rodgers
4- Ronnie Brown (I really think they'll take him over Cedric..but I hope not)
5- Mike Williams
6- Antrel Rolle
7- Us. Cadillac.

Jaj said:

If he is healthy, I'd like to see what Arrington could do as the ROLB in a LT role in the 3-4. To me, the Skins have wasted Arrington's NFL career so far by misusing him. When they drafted him, they should have went immediately to a 3-4, and used him in the old L Taylor role like he played with the Giants and built the rest of the defense around him.

Jaj said:
Say for example someone traded up and took Ronnie Brown at 3, possibly Arizona that would hurt our chances of having a choice of Williams and Benson at 7.

What if this happens would you be surprised?
1. Smith 49ers
2. Edwards Vikes
3. Brown I dont know who? couldnt think of any team that would trade for a back
4. Benson Chi
5. M. Williams Tamp
6. Rodgers Tenn
7. C. Williams Fins

Would you be happy with any of those guys at 7? Because it is very intercahngeable. One guy gets pick antoher slides to us. At 7 we would get the last of the elite players on O.

havanahec said:
What if this happens would you be surprised?
1. Smith 49ers
2. Edwards Vikes
3. Brown I dont know who? couldnt think of any team that would trade for a back
4. Benson Chi
5. M. Williams Tamp
6. Rodgers Tenn
7. C. Williams Fins

Would you be happy with any of those guys at 7? Because it is very intercahngeable. One guy gets pick antoher slides to us. At 7 we would get the last of the elite players on O.

No nothing that shocks me there. Tenn. could like Rodgers as Chow has seen him twice and probably has come away very impressed...

The Skins site says they want Jason Campbell at 25 so if they did get the #3 somehow involving Lavar or whatever I think they would go WR or CB.

With the 7th pick we get either a top 3 rb, top 2 qb or top 2 wr. It's all #'s. I think we will be fine.

Back
Top Bottom