Just heard Hank on wqam... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Just heard Hank on wqam...

So much for that...lol Now maybe Tolver will get his chance.

Ozzy rules!!

Oh...one other thing. Gadsden is a vested vet, thus if he's on the 53 man roster at the start of the season, his entire salary is guaranteed and counts vs cap, even if he is later released. This happened in 2001 when Steve Christie suddenly had a groin problem a week before the season started and instead of cutting him on final cutdown, Bills had to keep him on the roster until healed

thanks

Originally posted by clumpedplatelet
Bills can put McGahee on PUP because injuury occured outside of TC

Gadsden was injured during training camp. I looked in the CBA and couldn't find anything ......Fins likely options are IR, injury settlement, or keep him on roster until he heals then they could release him.

Now Nails could have been put on PUP because his injury occured during the previous season.
Thanks clump for that information... So what do you think the dolphins will do???:nesucks: :jetssuck: :billsbite :bling:

Hopefully lose ;)

Seriously, at this point, I will reseve judgement on the AFC East until just before the season starts, but rest assured, each team has a legitimate chance to win not only the division but also represent the AFC in Houston. This is the best and most competitive division in the league and it will likely come down to week 17:

NYJ at Miami

Buffalo at NE

Hopefully lose ;)

Seriously, at this point, I will reseve judgement on the AFC East until just before the season starts, but rest assured, each team has a legitimate chance to win not only the division but also represent the AFC in Houston. This is the best and most competitive division in the league and it will likely come down to week 17:

NYJ at Miami

Buffalo at NE

The Jets will not go to the Super Bowl.. I'll bet my apartment on it..

The Jets can't spell Houston or Super Bowl! As far as O.G. goes...Cut the man. No other team wants him as proven during the off-season. If the Phins WR's go down, then bring him back if that's the ONLY option. He's history.

right now, Simmons will make it before Oronde.

Hmmm, me too.

OG thanks for the memories, don't let the door hit you on your a$$ on the way out!!

Originally posted by Muck

I said the same thing when Marino left. :/

Off topic - I know. But for all his records and his beautiful throws... I was more than ready to see Marino sit his inflated ego behind down. Yeah, yeah... "he was a general out there"... blah, blah, blah. He's was a premadonna, man. Plain and simple. Pompous jerk! That's all.

I'll take a QB with Fiedler's guts and "quiet" leadership ANY DAY over Dan Marico!

Ok, let the onslaught behind (I know I'm gonna catch hell!). :eek:

Oh...one other thing. Gadsden is a vested vet, thus if he's on the 53 man roster at the start of the season, his entire salary is guaranteed and counts vs cap, even if he is later released. This happened in 2001 when Steve Christie suddenly had a groin problem a week before the season started and instead of cutting him on final cutdown, Bills had to keep him on the roster until healed

Ummmm... I'm absolutely no expert... and correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Training Camp's purpose where we whittle down the dead wood to the 53 man roster? That roster hasn't been set in stone by any means at this point, and we are able to cut or waive OG up until the official NFL time when the roster has to be set?

My personal view is the same as alot of the others though... put him on the PUP list and keep him there as an insurance policy.

Originally posted by ckparrothead
I agree with chicago and muck there. We should put him on the PUP list. That gives us a roster spot break until like week 10 when we have to either find a roster spot for him or cut him. Meanwhile he's available as soon as Week 6 of the season if I'm not mistaken, just in case an injury happens. Injuries always happen man and its good to know we've got a guy in waiting who is a complete known quantity, who knows the playbook backwards and forwards. He should concentrate on getting healthy and getting back in shape in the meantime. And conveniently, in the meantime we get to try out one or two young guys to see where they stick in this offense. And sure enough, when/if they hit the rookie wall, we've got a veteran coming back to help out.

I think this could be a good thing. Best of both worlds, we get to give an opportunity to a young guy, and we get to have the veteran help for the stretch run that we always have trouble with.

I agree. Right now we like what we see of our group of WRs. Chambers could be great but he has to improve, Thompson has potential, we all know McKnight brings, Tolver seems to catch everything and Simmons look good.

But the last 3-4 years Baker was the best WR on the squad in preseason and it didn't translate on the field. They could be all "busts". If they do, will we sign Carter again ?

You have to get open before catching the ball and Gadsden has proved he can do both without having blazing speed...

He is a great insurance in the worst case scenario. I

Re: Hmmm, me too.

Originally posted by -81- McMichael

Off topic - I know. But for all his records and his beautiful throws... I was more than ready to see Marino sit his inflated ego behind down. Yeah, yeah... "he was a general out there"... blah, blah, blah. He's was a premadonna, man. Plain and simple. Pompous jerk! That's all.

I'll take a QB with Fiedler's guts and "quiet" leadership ANY DAY over Dan Marico!

Ok, let the onslaught behind (I know I'm gonna catch hell!). :eek:

That was the dumbest post by anyone. You finfans are not smart enough to realize that Dan has all the records. Dan was the best qb of all time.

I agree with the Bills fan here... wtf is wrong with you? Even though Dan had a basically awful year his final year in Miami, he still led the team to the playoffs. There's no way Damon Huard would have been able to do that...

Anyone have a link to Oronde missing up to seven weeks?

Originally posted by MarinoFan4Life
I agree with the Bills fan here... wtf is wrong with you? Even though Dan had a basically awful year his final year in Miami, he still led the team to the playoffs. There's no way Damon Huard would have been able to do that...

You tell em' MFAN4life .Finfans are clueless!

Back
Top Bottom