just make it happen | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

just make it happen

i think travis minor is pretty underrated.......seems like whenever he gets the ball he gets yards...but maybe my perception is cloudy

Originally posted by Phin-o-rama
i think travis minor is pretty underrated.......seems like whenever he gets the ball he gets yards...but maybe my perception is cloudy

I agree, he is a pretty shifty back.

Minor should get more carries to spell RW. Also, he has speed to get to the outside when they are clogging the middle

Originally posted by i2panzer
simmions and Travis Minor play different positions buddy.

and again... we play basic football. we have the most predictable offense in the NFL. i'm willing to sacrifice a game or two because of close games, so we can rip through teams when we change of the offense in november and december.

why go (we will win monday) 7-0 and let teams figure us out and go 5-5 or worse? why not go (we will win monday) 5-2 and then go 8-2 or something? why not let the season happen?

the gameplan NT is using right now is basic and good enough to win. the first game was a fluke (defensive) and we should have beat the pats on 2 game winning drives by fiedler. he's the QB not the place kicker.

should be better then 4-2? yes... but it has nothing to do with giving miami an "energy" boost. we'll be better every game starting with Indy. thats when we change everything up i'm guessing that because it's A). It starts the November month (a the downfall month) and B). they're a good team. we may even play possum with them... there D isn't even good. the bucs scored 35!

week 6 and we are acting like we have lost everything.

Good take! I hope to hell you are right.

i dont think Minor could take the weekly beating of being an every down back, but some third down touches might be in order. though last year when Ricky was on my fantasy team, it used to annoy me thoroughly they would pull him on third down constantly.

Originally posted by zachseau13
Minor should get more carries to spell RW. Also, he has speed to get to the outside when they are clogging the middle

IMO, Minor should be used in any/all kinds of situationsand downs. What i mean by that is instead of using him on, say, 3rd downs, use him on any down w/o making a pattern. What that creates is confusion for the D, not exactly knowing when or who to sub in. If every once in awhile, we catch them with their pants down, we may be able to hit a big one via the mismatch/es. Also. Minor is the type that could double as a 3rd or even 4th WR. But in any event, just don't become predictable. On 3rd and long, they bring in their dime, run more draw plays. Both Ricky and minor are very good about cutting off the blocks.

If ya ask me we need to run some three back situations. I know it is strange, but we have some talented backs. Ricky, Minor, Konrad. I can imagine some good plays utilizing them.

Originally posted by Jaj
If ya ask me we need to run some three back situations. I know it is strange, but we have some talented backs. Ricky, Minor, Konrad. I can imagine some good plays utilizing them.

The Maryland I Formation uses three backs.

We could have Fiedler run the option:)

Originally posted by zachseau13

The Maryland I Formation uses three backs.

We could have Fiedler run the option:)

the falcons also run the same formation. imo it's not that special. i've seen it used and it's really only good when you're in 2nd and short and trying to throw off the D. it's an obvious run play because it takes a WR away.

the option doesn't work in the NFL. Kordell has done it early in his NFL career and it was average. NFL players are to smart and to fast for it to be used. besides JF is mobile, but he's not a fast guy. imo the option is good for someone like Plummer.

Originally posted by i2panzer

the falcons also run the same formation. imo it's not that special. i've seen it used and it's really only good when you're in 2nd and short and trying to throw off the D. it's an obvious run play because it takes a WR away.

the option doesn't work in the NFL. Kordell has done it early in his NFL career and it was average. NFL players are to smart and to fast for it to be used. besides JF is mobile, but he's not a fast guy. imo the option is good for someone like Plummer.

I know what you're saying but maybe with someone versatile like Minor, he could also motion out to the slot or something. Pretty much the same idea I was getting at in my post above. ;)

Back
Top Bottom