Just Make The Playoffs | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Just Make The Playoffs

DolfanISS

Perennial All-Pro
Reaction score
Rmember guys there is absolutely no team in this league who any other team can't beat on any given Sunday or Monday night. We need to finish the season strong and hope for a Denver loss at Indy or at GB.

The fact is that it is sad that this team with all it's talent has to rely on a a loss from someone else to make the playoffs.

Yes, anything can happen on any given Sunday but that only applies to the other 31 teams in the league. This is the Dolphins we're talking about here.

I can honestly say I doubt want to make the playoffs. I know this will catch me alot of slack, but that is ok. At best we get the last seed. What is the point? We make the playoffs, and head out to Baltimore possibly win. Then Dave will probably keep his job witch is the last thing I want. After that game we go to NE or KC and get imbarrased. We get a draft pick in the high 20s, and next year looks as grim as this season does.

I honestly hope we go 8-8. Dave would lose his job, and maybe we can get a coach that isn't as predictable as Honda starting everyday. A coach that might actully get the most out of his players instead of guy that is the head of the most underacheiving team in football. A coach that realizes our current QBs aren't worth 6 mill a season. A coach that realizes to win with a running game and great defense o-line is the most important part of your team.

Then you look at the differince it would make in our draft status. We would have a mid round pick where we might be able to pick up a top o-line prospect or one of the many impact WRs in this draft.

If we win the next 3 I will eat my words and be happy with our playoff spot, but I doubt we will even win this week more so 3 straight games in Dec.

It's true, any team can win on any given Sunday.

But, can you honestly say that this team can win 4 or 5 in a row against the best teams in the league?

Originally posted by inFINSible
It's true, any team can win on any given Sunday.

But, can you honestly say that this team can win 4 or 5 in a row against the best teams in the league?

That is the key InFins....

this team can win.
It may very well get into the playoffs but again, the weaknesses the team has can be overcome against good teams but NOT against the top teams..... I.E. the ones you'll see in the playoffs!

So we'll wait yet another year... :)

Originally posted by Trekbiz

That is the key InFins....

this team can win.
It may very well get into the playoffs but again, the weaknesses the team has can be overcome against good teams but NOT against the top teams..... I.E. the ones you'll see in the playoffs!

So we'll wait yet another year... :)

That is what makes me sick. This defense has what it takes to compete with the top teams in the NFL. But the offense is maybe 2 players away from being able to put up enough points consistently to win.

So, when you sit back and wonder:

Derrius Thompson - Could they have done without him? Yes
Jamar Fletcher - Could they have done without him? Yes

What kind of money does that free up to sign two decent O lineman?

The Dolphins have gone "cheap" in terms of their offense. They refuse to overpay for a difference maker, ala Wayne Gandy. Gandy is doing extremely well in NO where Deuce has been held for under 100 yards only once or twice ALL season. Guys, we even got Ricky cheap. He's not making the kind of money a top 5 running back should be getting. Cheap... by bringing in Thompson when there were othe WRs available in the Draft and in FA. Now, Randy McMichael is talking about re-negotiation...

Hopefully the new coaching staff will come in and address the offense's issues and is willing to spend some of the defense's money on the offense and bring it up to par.

I still want us to make the playoffs and even if we lose to Philly want us to beat the Bills and especially the Jets. going 11-5 and missing the playoffs w/b unf$%^$believable , but that possibility exists :(

Balancing requires trimming the stellar defense on this team. They have showed improvement from previous years...I don't care what yardage statistics say. They have come through in the clutch.

So, where do you trim on defense to upgrade the offense?

Back
Top Bottom