Just read... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Just read...

njfinfan

Finheaven's "First Lady"
Reaction score
an article about Warren Sapp. He most likely will become a UFA. due to the huge cap hit TB would suffer. Would he and Miami be interested in pursuing a mutual relationship? Can we use a DT of his caliber? I know we need to work more on offense than defense but what is everyone's opinion?

I'd pass. We have Chester & Bowens who are not going anywhere. Sapp would also be a distraction, bad thing. I really haven't liked him since 1) he started spouting off to the media a lot more and 2) he isn't even that great nowadays

God, where have I been? I didn't realize he was another TO?! After posting I saw another article on him that he hates Miami and wouldn't want to come there to play. Said he wants to get out of Florida.

No. We are fine at DT. Sapp is overrated, he is going to want a lot of money (which we couldn't afford anyway), and would be a cancer in the lockerroom. I definitely would not want Warren Sapp on the Dolphins.

Sapp sucks!!! Always has!!! Look at his stats!!! He's a big name player because of his mouth, not his ability!!!

He was an elite player at one time. Hell, 16.5 sacks in one season from the DT position is phenomenal. But those days are long gone. And he doesn't play the run well.

I guess I am the only one who disagrees but DANG. Sapp is the key to that D. He plays with fire and makes people around him better. How can ya say he is overrated. He plays DT not LB. He puts pressure on up the middle every play and stops the run also. Just look at the same D over in the Colts organization and without him they CAN NOT STOP THE RUN.
I wouldn't pay big bucks for him but he would be a good influence in the lockerroom. If Timbo leaves like a lot of people say we could use a Sapp.
I guess it is a mute point since he doesn't want to come here but I would not consider it a bad idea. IMO.

He is overrated when McFarland outplays him and his own backup outplays him.

Sapp generates double teams which helps Simeon Rice get loose in Tampa....Sapp is still above average, but still not elite... TiMBO is better...

Originally posted by TerryTate
Sapp generates double teams

Sapp hasn't drawn much in double teams in years thanks to a certain DT next to him whose playing better then he has the past couple years.

Originally posted by njfinfan
an article about Warren Sapp. He most likely will become a UFA. due to the huge cap hit TB would suffer. Would he and Miami be interested in pursuing a mutual relationship? Can we use a DT of his caliber? I know we need to work more on offense than defense but what is everyone's opinion?

:eek: Shades of Darrel Gardener only W sapp thinks he is a god !

Sapp makes MeShawn look quiet and reserved .. :lol:

As posted by someone else, sapp has made the statement that he would never play for trhe Dolphins ..

Probably the ONLY statement that sapp has ever made that I totally agree with !!

:pirate:

Marino1983

You guys act like you watch Tampa Bay Games all the time. I think they play at the same time as us most of time. So which games are you watching. Just more posters writing about what they hear and not what they see. Sapp would be an easy upgrade over anyone we have. PERIOD.

Back
Top Bottom