Just Say NO! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Just Say NO!

There is still only so much work that can, by league rules, get done before June 1st. There is only so much the guys can get together and if this year is any indication, two short QB schools is not a whole lot. And getting another month or so with the playbook just to run some mental reps, well its not all that big of an advantage. So all in all, Griese's in basically the same boat Fiedler was last year except apparently the coaches are going to stunt his growth by not allowing him much work with the first team.

Will these new wrinkles that Norv has added in supposedly, show themselves successfully on the field? Its like what I was saying, there's no guarantee that a QB naturally improves his play in the 2nd year of the system he's playing in. Also no guarantee that whatever improvement there IS, is enough that if a guy is just flat out more talented, its not going to be enough that he should be the guy starting just because the other dude has one year up on him in the offense. I mean, does anyone here think Griese will have trouble fighting off Sage Rosenfels for the #2 spot? I mean aside from the Griese-haters. Sage is in his second year in the system, he'll get to take full advantage of all these new "wrinkles" while Griese is still trying to just learn the basics of the playbook supposedly.

I mean, so basically if you take it for granted that Griese can easily put away Sage, you have to admit that if the Griese that racked up Pennington numbers in Denver shows up in Miami and not the hopeless drunk who lost control of his locker room in Denver, then you have to admit that a legitimate Qb competition between Fiedler and Griese might result in Griese's winning the job and it being for the best.

Originally posted by VanDolPhan

Hell he might not even make it here. I wouldn't be surprised if he ended up in Dallas.

That is my thoughrs exactly. The Tuna may just be lurking like a shark. He does many things that he is quiet about. Sometimes he does exactly the opposite of what he says.

I don't follow Dallas at all. But is hard for me to believe that Parcells will sit idle with the talent or lack of that he has at the QB position.

Originally posted by MDFINFAN
Jay is the QB..there's no controvesy..Wanny has repeated this over and over, even the players are saying Jay...This is Jay's team until the day he's not resigned or hurt to the point he can't play any more.
MD I want to believe that man. But, I think we all know better. Wannstedt is not going to stroke a QB controversy with the press but I will bet my tickets on the fact that he lets them duke it out all offseason. The best qb will be starting opening day wait and see. Maybe that means Jay maybe it doesn't Jay has proved himself but we need an improvement over last years accomplishments.

Originally posted by MDFINFAN

And Damon lost it..They tried to draf a LT, couldn't move up.,,what he said didn't work out..but he didn't say Damon was the starter period..He has with Jay..He also said the goal is to move Dixon back to guard...You've fooled yourself by reading it wrong..you read what you wanted to, and not what he said..

And just how did Damon lose it? Or better yet, Jay did not win it, unless you consider playing only a half of the last preseason game while throwing a bunch of picks actually winning it, ie. Thing is, Wannstaedt knew he was going to start in the first place. If it was "his job to lose", that mean's he was the starter, PERIOD, at that point. You've fooled yourself if you can't understansd that.
I didn't read it wrong, whatever you're talking about to read anyway. But you are in error about Dixon. Wannstedt did not say it was just a goal. He made that promise to Dixon that he would be moved back to LG where he is more natural and comfortable. This was said by Wannstedt, NOT "read by me", back before FA started while Dixon was comtemplating retirement. So think about things a little before you go saying someone else is only reading what they want to. perhaps that may be yourself. I personally don't have a problem with Jay being the starter or Dixon being the LT for that matter. What I have a problem with is how some folks take everything that Wannstedt says as being gospel and i prove it to be a fallacy and STILL someone tries to make ya out a liar. ?????? Beats me !!

Back
Top Bottom