Just watched the game... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Just watched the game...

H4wt Pocket

Practice Squad
Reaction score
...and holy **** that was depressing. Wasn't mad after the Saints loss because their offense is great and I expected Brees to pick us apart. However, I definitely felt like we could've beaten the Ravens. I realize this **** has been said a thousand times on here by now, but I really don't care, I have to spill my thoughts somewhere.

- First things first. ****ING HELL, THIS OFFENSIVE LINE IS TRULY OFFENSIVE. Absolutely terrible. It's so ****ing bad that I miss having Marc Colombo out there. Tannehill is on pace to break Carr's record of 76 sacks in a season (Tannehill on pace for 76.8...so I'll say 77).
- Overall, I thought Tannehill played pretty well. Couple of bad throws like the out of bounds INT and the one that sailed way over Hartline's head, but I can't put this loss on him. It's still very early in his career, but at this point, I think drafting him was the right decision. Now if only we could get him some damn help.
- Those two PI calls on the same drive pissed me off. The first one was ridiculous and the second one felt ticky tack to me.
- As much as I hate not having a game to watch next week (especially since we'll have the ****ty taste of this loss in our mouths for 2 weeks), we desperately need this bye. Seems like a starter on defense gets banged up every damn game. Hopefully we can get back to full strength before the Bills game.
- We really need to find a way to convert on 3rd and short. It's obvious that running it with Miller and Thomas aren't good options there (not with the complete lack of run blocking they're having to work with). Maybe a few QB sneaks or a bootleg.
- The end of the game drove me crazy. It looked very bleak on 4th and 10, but Tannehill and Gibson made a great play. We're in FG range...and then our ****ing line gives up another sack...of course. Can't be mad at Sturgis. 57 yards is asking a bit much from most any kicker.
- Speaking of Sturgis, what was up with that one kickoff at the end?
- Overall, I thought the defense was decent. By far the biggest mark against them was that 95 yard drive in the second half. We really need to add some depth to CB and LB.
- Even though I wasn't too excited about the Jordan pick at 3rd overall this year, I have to give him some credit. It may not show up on the stat sheet, but that's twice now that he's caused big interceptions at the end of the game. Also had a nice play to break up that screen to Rice.
- Did I mention that the offensive line is hot ****ing garbage?

Edit - The one thing I forgot to mention is that we're still 3-2. A record I think any of us would've gladly taken before the season started. I guess that's the silver lining we can take away from the last 6 days.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom