Justin Herbert signs- Will Tua make more next year? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Justin Herbert signs- Will Tua make more next year?

BC Phins4Life

Future Season Ticket Holder
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Screen Shot 2023-07-25 at 4.08.07 PM.png

That is 52.5 yearly and that would make it tough to keep other stars..... What does this mean for Tua and the Dolphins?

Screen Shot 2023-07-25 at 4.11.08 PM.png

I believe after this year, Tua will be paid the highest salary in the entire NFL.

Tua hasn’t done enough to warrant that type of contract
Really ? What`s Herbert done to warrant his new contract ? More games and that`s it . Get ready to be very disappointed when Tua actually does get his new contract . Right now injuries are the only thing keeping him from that type of money .

He certainly has talent, but hasn't performed to earn that contract. However, I'm not the one cutting the check so I guess my opinion doesn't mean all that much.

I have a feeling Tua's contract will be a normal Grier special. Team friendly after 3 years and easily restructured to massage the cap. Also, years 4 & 5 will be high but will probably be considered a deal once those years come (see Mahomes contract).

So yeah, I see Tua getting that kind of contract and being the Fins QB until 2029. Not sure why, but that year just seemed very futuristic to me. Like flying cars. Oof, I'm old

What's Herbie done?
Averaged 31 td and 4600 yards per year with a 96 qbr, while being healthy. He's earned his deal. This is an owner showing a belief in his player.

Tua will get paid if he can show that he's consistent and healthy as well. However, I don't ever see Tua getting a deal of this magnitude because of his injury history.

View attachment 147604

That is 52.5 yearly and that would make it tough to keep other stars..... What does this mean for Tua and the Dolphins?

View attachment 147605

I believe after this year, Tua will be paid the highest salary in the entire NFL.
Not happening.

Back
Top Bottom