Kalen Ballage 360 (podcast And Written Report) | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Kalen Ballage 360 (podcast And Written Report)

That's entirely fair. I was more encouraged by his showing at the Senior Bowl. I like those practices because it gives you an idea for how these guys moves against other guys that belong at the next level. In those practices, whether it was the team portions or the 1v1 drills, he always looked the fastest, quickest-twitched guy on the field. He fell to the fourth round for the reasons you stated, but the hope is that his best ball is ahead of him.
I watch him a fair bit this year and had to do a double take on more than a couple of occasions at the Senior Bowl. I simply fell in love with the kid there. He didn't look like the same player all, he was much more decisive with his cuts and ran with a lot more power.

I'm glad some else noticed the difference besides me.

Here's Mike Gesicki's piece. The podcast on him is up as well. Jerome Baker's will be up first thing tomorrow AM (podcast and column)

https://www.lockedondolphins.com/dolphins/the-rookies-mike-gesicki/
Nice, thanks Travis!

One thing I really like about Gesicki is that when he came in he had an issue with drops, so he devoted lots of time to it, and became a very sure-handed guy. If he does, and I believe he will, focus that kind of effort in becoming a blocker, I think Gesicki can become a complete TE. I look forward to seeing Mike Gesicki develop as a Miami Dolphin. He has the potential to become our very best ever TE.

I think Ballage could be better if he had a bit more patience. This is most apparent in space. He's terrible at running in space with blockers, but he's great at running by people. Most of his big runs are just him piercing through the gashes made by ASU's line though. Watching his breakdown videos, it's sometimes easy to see where he gets knocked for lack of vision. Some decisions on where to run make you facepalm.

Back
Top Bottom