Kay-Jay Harris? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Kay-Jay Harris?

I almost feel bad for KJ. He'll be buried on the depth chart for the forseeable future behind Ronnie, Ricky (maybe), and possibly even Gordon. It wouldn't be so bad if he were a "normal" rookie, but hes 26. I think it will be another situation like the Jamal Lewis/Priest Holmes gig in Baltimore. He'll see mop up and spell duties to show the league that he can play. We may then see him shiped out for a draft pick. An injury (God forbid) and he may become a more significant contributer.

I have the one clip of him carrying 4 guys to the endzone with a cast on his hand.

campeonaso said:
i agrre with you everybody is talking about gordon but for me he is overated he ran like 1.2 yrds per carry last season our best backs are ronnie ricky k j morris and then lamar
I would also rank gordon behind kj and sammy. Even though gordon hardly played the time he did play and the line held up he got a maximum of about 3 yards. Morris was our rb savior last year. Minor would not of been able to handle it.

campeonaso said:
i agrre with you everybody is talking about gordon but for me he is overated he ran like 1.2 yrds per carry last season our best backs are ronnie ricky k j morris and then lamar

C'mon how can you talk bad about Gordon with the little bit we saw of him and with the sieve of an OL that he played behind for that game and a half ??? Be realistic...

We actually have quite a bit of talent (albeit there is a lot of "potential" attached to nearly every one of our guys...

Brown...great potential...really little doubt he'll be a star, but a Rookie nonetheless and hasn't played a down in the NFL.
RW...has played great for us, but will he when he returns ??? Potential again...
Gordon...has potential...played well in a backup role to Faulk, but the Rams were loaded at RB and we were decimated, so it was a good move to go after him, but then he was injured (probably because our OL couldn't lay a hit on the blocking sled, much less any defenders...) So the word on Gordon is "potential"...
KJ..another rookie really could be a steal, but there's that P word again...No NFL experience.
Morris...the P word doesn't exactly fit here..but we have seen his best. He is an average back and obviously was affected by the great Miami Sieve last year.

So, this COULD be a very crowded camp for RBs, but it really remains to be seen....

One other thing about our backs...Gordon, KJ and Brown are physically very much alike. Brown has the best hands and will probably end up our feature back, especially with Linehan's offense, but if RW does return and can contribute (which I still have my doubts about), he'll see some time in there as well. That could still leave Gordon and Morris as the odd men out assuming they put KJ on the practice squad ??

I'm really rooting for Kay Jay Harris to make the team and for us to have 4 RB's (if Ricky Williams returns). I think it would give us GREAT DEPTH and would look something like:

1.) Ronnie Brown
2.) Ricky Williams
3.) Lamar Gordon
4.) Kay Jay Harris

Released: Travis Minor

Back
Top Bottom