Keenan McCardell (Merged) | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Keenan McCardell (Merged)

TerryTate

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
These guys are holding out right now.....

Since we didnt really lose anything with boston going down (a 6th round pick, Jamar Fletcher, and a 12 pack of Natty Light), do you think that Spiel can pull the trigger on a deal that could move Adewale Ogunleye to either Tampa or Pittburgh for McCardell/Burress and a draft pick?

I'd do it for Burress and a second or third, the guy's got some major talent and we are very stacked at DE. I still believe if David Bowens hadn't gone out with an injury he would have led the league in sacks, this guy has that kind of ability. He's been doing really well in camp as well. Contrary to popular belief, O-Gun does not make or break the Dolphins.

Burress is so overrated. I'd rather have McCardell, but at the expense of Ogunleye? I dunno about that.

I think O-gun is better than either of those malcontents. If we are going to win it will be w/ stout defense. We should re-sign o-gun to a fair deal and hope somebody get's cut at WR that can help. Is Curtis conway out there? O-gun makes the secondary and JT much better.

Miami may make a run at McCardell

I know he is no Boston, but he is better than nothing. Lets hope they do. I would much rather have him than Brown.

cant we just give up a third round pick for one of them? ogun is too valuable in the long run....

I would rather give up a third than lose O-Gun, and McCardell is old. I like him, but only if we can get him cheap.

Although, trading for one of them now would mean that they don't know the playbook and would take them at least till the second week of the schedule to learn it. It's kinda late for getting a WR, if it was RB that's another story.

Another thought. I like the potential of a Burress, but he is kind of a head case. If only we had Jerry Sullivan to set him straight....hmmm. Then it might work...

McCArdell had a career year last year....

and Curtis Conway just flat out sucks....the JETS cut the guy.....

Well Burress is in camp (he is not holding out) and he is not worth the money it will take to sign him. Plus, Steelers run a 3-4 and Ogun will not fit there sheme. Lastly, if we are serious about trading Ogun for a wide receiver, there are better receivers out there.

TerryTate said:
McCArdell had a career year last year....

and Curtis Conway just flat out sucks....the JETS cut the guy.....

So you want to trade a young pro-bowl LE, for an old WR? This team is built around defense, reward the guys you already have. I think he is more important to the team than somebody who is not even on the roster yet.
Conway does suck, but I just floated a name out there. Not many LE get the type of Passrush O-gun does, and he's great against the run.

Back
Top Bottom