Keenan McCardell | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Keenan McCardell

Rebar71

OOPS - I did it again!
Reaction score
Just a quick question for the board:

He was available a couple years ago when. At the time, I was just a lurker here. Anyway... I wanted him here real bad. I remember a lot of people said they didn't want him cuz he was getting old. What do you think now? That's the guy we should've gone after. All this talk about about not having a viable threat opposite Chambers...

Keenan McCardell is easily Tampa's MVP this year - and another missed opportunity for us.

Just thinking out loud...

McCardell would have looked good in teal, but could the team have afforded him? I really can't say.

I will say that Miami either needs to draft a good WR this year or sign somebody like maybe Marcus Robinson should Marcus prove that last week wasn't a fluke by showing up more over the rest of the year. Even if Marcus isn't what he was with the Bears in 2000, I think he might still have enough to be really attractive opposite Chambers...

I don't know if we really could've afforded him either. I don't know what our cap situation was then, nor do I know what kind of contract he got with Tampa. I just recall a lot people here saying they didn't even want him. :rolleyes:

Some one correct me if I am wrong, but I think McCardell is making about the same amount of money (1+ mil a year) as McKnight. I have always liked McCardell, I think he would fit better than McKnight. Thus the $$ would be about the same.

McCardell's Wages

He makes $2 million this year and counts $2.5M against the cap. Same thing for 2004.
In 2005 he will count $3.25 million against the cap. His total deal with TB was 4 years, 9.5 million bucks.

This year McKnight is counting $1.8 million against the cap for us. When signed, in 2001, he made $2.6 million and counted $863K against the cap. In 2002, when McCardell became a Buc, McKnight counted $1.56 million against Miami's cap.

There ya have it.

Perosnally, I thought McCardell was going to be named the MVP of the Super Bowl with his two touchdown catches. This was before Tampa's defense kicked it into supreme mode and overtook the game though. Keenan was someone I wanted as well. I also was deftly against Cris Carter, but Miami's front office never listens to me (probably a good thing most of the time as I also wanted to resign LoBro). :lol:

However, I am not sure he would do much better here than our other recievers. Our passing game has been sub par at every position. Our QB, WR's, TE'S and Oline just haven't clicked yet and thus, I think Keenan would have been another Thompson or McKnight.

I think it's highly disrespectful to McCardell to say he'd be another Thompson if he played here. I think he'd be justified at taking offense to the McKnight comparison, but at least McKnight was somewhat productive with Dallas before coming here.

I do think McCardell would be better than McKnight, but we'll never know which one of us would be right about it. Oh well...

Originally posted by Jimmy James
McCardell would have looked good in teal, but could the team have afforded him? I really can't say.

I don't know....why would he look good playing for Jacksonville Jaguars? You know, since their color is teal and Miami is aqua. hehe Ok, Im just teasing. I love giving people a hard time when they think we wear teal.

The Dolphins official colors are AQUA, CORAL, NAVY BLUE, and WHITE. (the navy blue is the shadow for the numbers)

Okay, so McCardell looked great wearing teal for several seasons and he would have looked good in aqua.

I thought coral was a red color, though. You mean I just can't call it orange? I can give up calling it orange and teal to call it orange and aqua, but this coral thing is going to take a lot of getting used to...

Edit to note: First somebody drags the dictionary out on me. Now somebody has dragged out the color wheel. Not a good couple of days for me, I guess...

Nobody believed me when I told them NAVY was an official color. It became an official color the year we changed our logo. I think we should try a NAVY jersey next year. That would be SWEET!!!!!!!
The fake Navy's look good as hell, imagine an authentic!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom