Keep it up Ricky! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Keep it up Ricky!

Brad01

Practice Squad
Reaction score
clear.gif

What was that, he can't break the big one ....Mmmmm...You could have fool me the last couple of weeks..He seem like he can..I know he can, I know he can, so what are saints...Liars

He actually added speed, something I didn't think he could do. At that weight in 2000 his longest run was 26. I guess everyone saying he couldn't break the long run motivated him to gain speed. But that's a good thing because he's on pace to give the Saints a first round pick by halftime of the 12th game.

The Saints don't know how to draft well. Never have, and probably never will. Kind of like how they don't know how to win on a consistent basis. I mean, you guys have been around for how long, and how many NFC Championship appearances do you have? None. Haha! That's incredibly amusing. Not even one NFC Championship appearance let alone a SB appearance! The closest Aints fans have ever got to the SB is watching New Orleans host it!

So you go hoping for our first-round pick, and later on down the road, when that guy you chose with the pick is long gone, just as your 1999 draft is right now, and you realize how much of a waste of cap space your horrible pick was, come back and flaunt how great your franchise is please.

Go, Aints, go!

Originally posted by Blitz
The Saints don't know how to draft well. Never have, and probably never will. Kind of like how they don't know how to win on a consistent basis. I mean, you guys have been around for how long, and how many NFC Championship appearances do you have? None. Haha! That's incredibly amusing. Not even one NFC Championship appearance let alone a SB appearance!

So you go hoping for our first-round pick, and later on down the road, when that guy you chose with the pick is long gone, just as your 2000 draft is right now, and you realize how much of a waste of cap space your horrible pick was, come back and flaunt how great your franchise is please.

Go, Aints, go!

Yeah... right.. Before the Haslett era you are right for the most part. Ricky Williams was also a horrible pick, trading 8 picks including #1 and #3 on the next season? Plus Ricky didn't want to play for New Orleans so they got rid of him. Saints were a small market team and that obviously hurt them before the salary cap era so of course they didn't make it to any superbowls or championship games. Anything that happened team-wise before the salary cap era doesn't mean anything now because as you know, the last 3 superbowl champs were "surprise" teams.

And by the way, the Saints are 3-0 and all those teams are playoff teams of last season and were favored to get to the superbowl. And not only that, the Saints are 17.6 million under the cap for next season... so much for being in cap hell.

But under Haslett they are probably the best in the league at drafting...

2000: 2nd round: DE Darren Howard: 11 Sacks rookie season 6 sacks last season. A big guy that can defend the run as well as rush the passer.

4th round: FB Terrelle Smith: Despite his injuries, he's still the most devastating blocker in the league.

5th round: RB Chad Morton: Yep, the Chad Morton that the Jets now have. Saints traded him last season to give him a chance to play because they knew how good he was when he was the returnman here in 2000.

6th round: CB Michael Hawthorne: Starting right now for the suspended Dale Carter. 6'3'' with speed, just lacks mentallity for the game. But he did make two game-saving tackles today to help beat the Bears.

2001: 1st round: RB Deuce McAllister: Nuff said. It's been argued so much how good this guy is.

3rd round: LB Sedrick Hodge: 6'4'' 250 and runs a 4.4 40 as a linebacker. He's starting now and is playing excellent and has shown his sideline to sideline ability.

2002: 1st round: WR Donte' Stallworth: 12 rec 165 yards 3 TDs this season... he's made TD receptions of 41, 34, and 29 yards and each of those in 3 consecutive games.

1st round: DE Charles Grant: Already has a sack and a bunch of pressures. He's a faster and more athletic version of Darren Howard and is developing into an even more dominating DE than him.

2nd round: C/OG LeCharles Bentley: As a rookie, he's already arguably one of the top 5 guards in the league.. he even manhandled Warren Sapp in the Buccaneer game.

3rd round: LB James Allen: Another version of Sedrick Hodge. He's 6'2'' and runs a 4.5 40. He's developing nicely in his backup role and should start next season and he also had the INT for a TD in OT vs th Bucs.

4th round: CB Keyuo Craver: Got playing time vs the Packers with the top two corners out and he was all over Terry Glenn and even had a fumble returned for a TD that game but injured his knee and is supposed to be out 2-5 weeks.

Darren Howard is a good player, I definitely agree with you there, but as for some of your other comments:

Terrelle Smith - "The most devastating blocker in the league"

Blhahahaha! And I'm sure Deuce McAllister is the "most explosive runningback in the league"

Chad Morton - "Saints traded him last season to give him a chance to play because they knew how good he was when he was the returnman here in 2000."

They traded an explosive KR for what? And who are the two guys returning kicks for the Saints who are soooooooooo much better than Chad? Come on, you're trying to sugar-coat a bad move.

Deuce McAllister - "It's been argued so much how good this guy is."

Dude, he's ONLY started THREE NFL games in his career. He had injury problems in college as well. Heck, I won't be surprised if he blows out his knee within the next few weeks.

Sedrick Hodge -

I don't know much about this guy, but no doubt you're just over-praising him.

Donte' Stallworth -

If he continues to play at the level he has, he was definitely a good pick.

James Allen - "...he also had the INT for a TD in OT vs th Bucs."

Yeah, an INT thrown by TOM TUPA! What else has he done? Played a bit of ST?

LeCharles Bentley - "As a rookie, he's already arguably one of the top 5 guards in the league.."

Yeah, and the Saints are arguably one of the top 5 franchises of all-time in the league ACCORDING TO YOU! Your quote on Bentley is definitely the most sugar-coated of them all. The dude plays in three games, and you state "He's already arguably one of the top 5 guards in the league." Gimme a break, man. That's a ridiculous comment to make at this point in his career.

Keyuo Craver -

He hasn't even played two entire NFL games, and you're going on about him.

---

And by the way, I'll take Wade, Freeman, Fletcher, Chambers, Greenwood, Minor and McMichael over your guys any day.

Go, Aints, go!

No Blitz.....

Brad01 is on point with his team. The players he mentioned are very good players who could help out any team in the league. The one player I like a lot is Sedrick Hodge. This kid is a BEAST. He is better than Derrick Rodgers and Morlon Greenwood. I wished we drafted him, Zach wouldn't have to do all the tackling then.

This Ricky vs. Deuce trade is such a tired topic now. The trade was a win-win situation for both teams. We got a great RB that can help our team, and Haslett has a team that is closer to the type of personnel he wants. Both teams are 3-0.

We got what we wanted and the Saints got what they wanted, and Ricky is happy now..........That's all that matters. We don't even play the Saints. Let it be. :cool:

You're telling me to let it be? He's the Saints fan posting on a Miami Dolphins message board! The day I show up on a Saints message board is the day you can tell me to "let it be."

Ricky does look alot faster than he ever did with the saints.

Bentley is the real deal. Haslett said he's the best guard he's ever seen. It's only a matter of time before others start saying the same thing.

Back
Top Bottom