Keep Mare After This Season | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Keep Mare After This Season

phintech

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I always liked Olindo and trusted him for many years to win games for us. True, he has struggled this season and part of last season, but I think its between his ears and not his leg. I believe he is still leading the league in touch backs (which he struggled with early in his career) and is capable of kicking a 55+ yarder if needed (as proven yesterday on the 52 ydr that went nearly 60).

When a team struggles offensively the way we've been this season, the worst thing any team or fan base can do is get down on their kicker, especially when one's not waiting in the wings.

Mare isn't performing well, but the fact is, he's still better than any kicker that would be available via free agency. We need to try to find a gem in the lower rounds of the draft I think.

I would keep him if we can slash his salary from $2 Mil to $1.2 Mil because he is no where close to a $2Mil kicker given last year and this year-to-date performance. But he can still right himself for the rest of this year and make a case for us to retain him.

Back
Top Bottom