Keep the Pats-Colts game in perspective | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Keep the Pats-Colts game in perspective

NYCphan

Stuck in Jetsville
Reaction score
It hasn't changed much for Miami.

Before the Pats' latest improbable squeaker, Miami needed to win its last four games and hope that the Pats would lose one more, to someone else.

Miami is in the same position today.

All that's changed is that the Pats were once again just barely underplayed, this time by the team (Colts) that seemed most likely to provide the toughest game.

Instead of four chances for the Pats to lose, there are now three: against the Jaguars, Jets and Bills.

The Jaguars beat Indy and lost to Tennessee by only 7, both games in recent weeks. Division games can be tough no matter what the circumstances (for Miami too, of course).

Five of New England's last six wins have been by six points or less.

If the Fins keeps winning, they'll be in the playoffs. If they go 4-0, they'll probably be within a play of the AFC East title every week, the way the Pats have been playing.

Don't worry about it. If Miami wins next Sunday, the division race stays tight.

I beg to differ. We needed the Colts to win today to have a shot at the division crown. The Patriots' final three opponents collectively aren't worth a damn. We are going to be a wild card, and if we're going to get past the first weekend, we need the Colts to go into the tank. If we're the #5 seed, we'll go to Cincinnati or Baltimore. If we're the #6 seed, we'll get wiped out at Tennessee or New England.

I'm not afraid of playing in New England or in Tennessee. If this team can't win in those situations, they won't go to the Super Bowl anyway.

I'm with the first guy. The Dolphins can lament this game if they run the table. Until then, there is no reason to worry much about NE...

Originally posted by DolfanDaveInATX
We needed the Colts to win today to have a shot at the division crown.

I agree, the Colts looked like the likeliest team to help out. I was just pointing out that there was nothing more or less valuable about a Pats loss to the Colts than there would be to any other team.

:monkeyr:pATS!............PS, My first Tolver AUTO/rookie card I hope ya like. I know I do!:mdfin:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom