Keith Carmickle, falls over railing at All-Star Home Run Derby; saved by friends, fan | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Keith Carmickle, falls over railing at All-Star Home Run Derby; saved by friends, fan

BAMAPHIN 22

FinHeaven Elite
Reaction score
alg_hr_keithcarmickle_1-1.jpg

alg_hr_keithcarmickle_2-1.jpg

In a terrifying near-repeat of a fatal fall at a baseball game last week, a fan came dangerously close to to suffering a similar fate at the All-Star Home Run Derby.

Keith Carmickle was only saved when his brother, a friend and a group of fans grabbed his legs as he started tumbling 20 feet out of the stands.

The near tragic fall came during the derby's second round Monday, when Prince Fielder swatted a ball toward the right field stands at Phoenix's Chase Field.

Carmickle stupidly clamored on top of a narrow table and when he leaned forward, lost his footing and started falling head first to a pool deck below.

"I thought: 'I've had a good life,'" Carmickle said.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/b...ailing_at_allstar_home_run_derby_saved_b.html

well he said, "i've lived a good life." so it was worth risking his life for whatever amount of money he could have gotten for the ball.anyway.......i'm sure these folks take out good life insurance plans on themselves...just in case. question: what happens to the ball if someone catches it, but then falls and dies.....does the ball go to the family of the dead man or whomever takes possession of the ball after the fall?

what a nitwit to be standing on that table. The guy that died did so more b/c the railing was so low but this moron was on a table. Where is security?

alg_hr_keithcarmickle_2-1.jpg

Also: Nice to see homeboy on the right with the camera helping. :bobdole:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom