Kendall Wright | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Kendall Wright

Fin Thirteen

Club Member
Reaction score
Wright's name has evaporated in discussions about the top WRs, with all the attention on Blackmon, Floyd, Hill, Randle etc.

Where do people think he will go? He's a top 15 talent, imo who could end up in the second if pre-draft gossip is to be believed.

Is he dropping? Why is he dropping? Curious...

Started thinking he might drop last week when I heard some teams have him on their board as a 3rd rounder. I think if Cleveland and Cincinnati pass on him with their second 1st round picks he might slide to the 2nd round.

Started thinking he might drop last week when I heard some teams have him on their board as a 3rd rounder. I think if Cleveland and Cincinnati pass on him with their second 1st round picks he might slide to the 2nd round.

Why though? What's the issue with him that's prompting the slide?

He Aleah had a knack for finding his way behind defenses. I wouldn't mind nabbing him after a trade down.

Why though? What's the issue with him that's prompting the slide?
I think it has a lot to do with his 4.61 40 time at the combine, funny thing was his unofficial time was 4.42 (I think it was the largest disparity between official and unofficial time at the combine) and he ran 4.42 at his pro day at Baylor. If you look at the tape the kid plays a lot faster than 4.61 so it makes no sense but he is small (5'11" and 196 lbs) and teams want that prototypical 6'3" 225 lbs WR now. Blackmon, Floyd, Stephen Hill and even Alshon Jeffery could potentially be off the board before Wright is taken.

I think it has a lot to do with his 4.61 40 time at the combine, funny thing was his unofficial time was 4.42 (I think it was the largest disparity between official and unofficial time at the combine) and he ran 4.42 at his pro day at Baylor. If you look at the tape the kid plays a lot faster than 4.61 so it makes no sense but he is small (5'11" and 196 lbs) and teams want that prototypical 6'3" 225 lbs WR now. Blackmon, Floyd, Stephen Hill and even Alshon Jeffery could potentially be off the board before Wright is taken.

Anyone with a brain in NFL teamrooms must have known that 4.61 wan't representative of what you see on tape. He's quite a physical guy for his size too. I'm not an NFL scout by any stretch, but I wonder if he's really falling into R2 like the many mocks say he is. I can see him going to Seattle or Chicago in the teens.

Anyone with a brain in NFL teamrooms must have known that 4.61 wan't representative of what you see on tape. He's quite a physical guy for his size too. I'm not an NFL scout by any stretch, but I wonder if he's really falling into R2 like the many mocks say he is. I can see him going to Seattle or Chicago in the teens.
He won't go to Chicago...Chicago already has Johnny Knox who is a similar player and should benefit from having Brandon Marshall on the other side. They also have Devin Hester to play the slot and Earl Bennett as their #4 WR. I don't see them spending a high pick on a WR in this draft when they would probably have OL and CB higher on their list of priorities.

Seattle would be a possibility but I don't see them grabbing him with the 12th overall pick.

On the face of it you'd think the Bears weren't in need of a WR but I've read they're considering upgrading the corps further. In any event, it's hard to see him not being a top 20 pick.

Back
Top Bottom