Kenny Mixon | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Kenny Mixon

camanda

Scout Team
Reaction score
Kenny Mixon was cut by Minnesota after the draft. Although I don't think he was there when Saban was the coach, he is an ex-LSU player who may have some value as a spare DE/DT. Anyone know if he's past his legal problems?

MDFINFAN

Reach for the Stars
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
We have enough DE's now, and don't need Mixon in the mix, he was let go for a reason by Minny, and it's not his off field problems, it's his on field production.

Jimmy James

You sit on a throne of lies!
Reaction score
There are those who were suggesting Bowens as the backup for Taylor for his $1.2 million. Mixon for the vet minimum would be a better choice IMHO. Mixon was probably let go because his salary wasn't going to match his playing time now that the Vikings have James and Udeze as their DEs.

Getumboys

Practice Squad
Reaction score
how many more dl do u want we got enough i think we should be str8 let someone try run the ball on us now................nope it aint happening

GreenMonster

Never con a con man
Reaction score
Kenny Mixon....? I think Saban is looking to get younger now with Carter and Holliday signed...

LSUTigah

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Mixon did play for Saban during Saban's first year at LSU. Mixon had some trouble back in college, but Saban put him in the doghouse and Mixon eventually worked his way out of it and back on to the field. My guess is that Saban will speak with Mixon, but I agree like most of you that Miami has a lot of DE already. I can't see him joining the Dolphins except if Mixon would want to play at a league min. and provide experienced depth. But Mixon has very few options considering his checkered past.

MrClean

The one and only
Reaction score
Are you sure you know about the LSU Tigers? We drafted Kenny Mixon in round 2, 1998. That makes his last season at LSU as 1997. Nick's first season at LSU was 2000. In 1997, Nick was still at Michigan State. How did he ever coach Kenny Mixon?

dougfinsfan72

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Don't need Mixon, 3 DUI in one year

camanda said:
Kenny Mixon was cut by Minnesota after the draft. Although I don't think he was there when Saban was the coach, he is an ex-LSU player who may have some value as a spare DE/DT. Anyone know if he's past his legal problems?

I believe in giving a person a chance, but 3 DUI in one year is a sign of serious trouble. You make that much money and have a drinking problem, hire a driver for $30, 000 a year.

It will save your life and millions of dollars in a wrongful death lawsuit.

Top Bottom