Keon Coleman vs Malik Washington | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Keon Coleman vs Malik Washington

I'm grateful they traded away the opportunity to select Legette. He would have fared much better in Buffalo with his size, strength, speed ability. I'm glad he's in no man's land with Bryce instead, lol.

However, Coleman does not suck. He is slow, rounds his routes, and less of a worry with our stud corners.

I
What about Kincaid, their running game and Josh keeping it?

Do you think Berrios or anyone else will beat Malik?

Based on McD's call I think Malik will have every chance to displace Berrios, Cracraft et al.
McDaniel will certainly give both Washington’s every opportunity to play and if either of them shows they are better than Berrios they will play over Berrios.

Yet EZ and Cracraft also will be given an opportunity to get reps if they make the final 53.

While I like Malik, the fact is he is a rookie and he has a lot of veterans he has to beat out just to be the #3 WR on the roster. I also think that the Dolphins are still interested in signing Beckham or even Boyd if the price is right.

If they sign either Beckham or Boyd, Washington’s opportunities will be severely limited unless one of the top three WR’s are injured during the season.

If they do bring in a veteran to be the #3 WR in 2024, I suspect Washington won’t be a major factor in the passing game until 2025 at the earliest.

It's Curtis Samuel not Deebo Samuel. You must have a much higher opinion of Curtis Samuel than me.
I don't think I do. I think I have a much worse opinion of Coleman than you do, though.

Get real, Sunshine! Keon Coleman is Stefon Diggs' replacement and will probably get over 3X the number of targets that Malik Washington will get. I hope that Malik is a glorious success but we also have Tyreek, Waddle and a good running game.
To be fair the bills will probably run it a lot too, so the running games of both teams are probably a wash in this regard?

To be fair the bills will probably run it a lot too, so the running games of both teams are probably a wash in this regard?
Production wise, maybe, attempt wise the Bills will probably run it x2 as much as us once you factor Josh's carries.

He's already our smartest offensive player. Psych degree from Northwestern plus a professional license from NU, in 4 years, as well as a masters at UVA which is a very academic institution itself but not on Northwesterns level...I'm sure a playbook isn't going to hold him back.
How old is this guy?

NFL vets havent been able to get on the field for us.

Wouldn’t make that bet and that’s nothing against Malik Washington and what he’s capable of. Best case scenario he’s probably behind Hill, Waddle, and another vet (OBJ?). McDaniel will get him onto the field but he likely won’t be consistently “featured” so to speak. Coleman has a clear pathway to immediate starter reps. Buffalo’s top receivers are both slot guys (Shakir and Samuel) and currently his only competition as an outside receiver is Mack Hollins. He should play early and often. A lot.

Interestingly enough I see Coleman more as a big slot in the mold of a Great Value Michael Thomas, but Bills fans are proclaiming him as their X receiver. We’ll see.

I'm not about to give away my reasearch just because but I'm willing to bet Malik will have a better rookie season than Keon.

Any takers?
I was really pulling for us to draft him because we really needed a big WR, but his combine numbers were bad and struggles with separation. I still think we need a big WR but I have watched a lot of Malik’s games and he’s a really good slot. If he makes the roster it may mean the end for Berrios.

Malik has to beat out Berrios first which I believe he will, then he has to compete with Jonnu Smith for targets. 30 receptions for 300 yards would be a great rookie season!

Back
Top Bottom