since1970

Rookie
Reaction score
just read on the red zone that oakland may cut him loose due to cap reasons
would he be an improvement?:confused:

since1970 said:

IMO he is a solid QB with a good arm... but he is aging and is prone to drive and game killing mistakes... so I'd pass.

as far as arm strength and accuracy goes..........YES

Leadership qualities..............SUSPECT

Mobility and decision making.....................AVERAGE TO BELOW AVERAGE

I highly doubt we will see any make shift QB's next year. We'll find our young Gun.

If this young gun is a rookie, unfortuanatly, IMO he'll have to sit and watch Gus for a year. If we score on a guy 2-4 year veteran like a David Carr, he'll most likely go into camp and battle for the starting job.

Keep in mind, we went out and got Cleo for a reason, so he shouldn't be so easily over looked.

I would only look into signing Collins if we also drafted a QB to wait in the wings, or even compete with him for a starting job.

Collins has Moss and Porter to throw to, so of course he is gonna put up some big #'s. He will likely get cut after the reason because he is really old and he will save the Raiders 11 million. No way would I want him because of his age.

if we draft a QB id take collins for 1year hed be an upgrade over gus.

Kerry Collins is brutal. A large number of Raider fans are saying the same things about Collins as many of the Dolphins fans are saying about Gus. I thought you guys didn't want to recycle journeyman quarterbacks anymore? No to Kerry Collins, and no to that bust David Carr who everyone keeps touting.

since1970 said:

2 yrs too late. I was hoping Spielman would have pursued him instead of Feeley. After all, pressure was placed on him to win now, and he had a roster full of veterans. He was the logical choice prior to last season. Not anymore, though.

Collins can be good if given time in the pocket. He has a good arm. He does make good decisions if not hurried. However if you can't protect him he is horrible. Sorry I am going to have to pass on Collins

I'd take him for a year if we got a rookie QB. Heck with our team as it is and if Kerry performed we could go 9-7 | 10-6 or something around there.

Other than a caretaker and mentor for a year, no thanks.

Back
Top Bottom