Kevin Carter's Role? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Kevin Carter's Role?

DeeAy3000

Big Things
Reaction score
Will he be used more at DT since we have a new found wealth at DE? not to say he wasnt going to be a DT originally but he did play there for tenn alot right? Is that what Saban brought him in to do?

I belived Carter said that saban will primarily play him in the DT spot while spreading him out at DE in some situations...

I believe that's what he said in that "In the locker interview" a couple weeks ago.

My projected 4-3 Defensive Line:

DE- Vonnie Holliday/Matt Roth
DT- Kevin Carter/Kevin Vickerson
DT- Larry Chester/Tim Bowens
DE- Jason Taylor/David Bowens

Pretty sweet huh? :D

Midway thru the season i think Roth will take over for Holliday, or he will atleast see considerable time.

I like that d-line, but put Matt Roth in there starting and Holliday as the backup.

Nublar7 said:

I like your version much better than other projections. No way I can stomach both Timbo and Chester on the field at the same time. We're underestimating how much we forfeit when you've got two DTs who can't disrupt or get upfield.

Still, I remember a Q & A with Carter in which he said the Dolphins asked his preference and he told them DE. He said he'll be there other than passing downs.

I'm interested to see if Bowens stays at end of if they try to stand him up more often.

I see this line up:

EVEN FRONT:

DLE - Vonnie Holliday
DLT - Kevin Carter
DRT - Larry Chester
DRE - Jason Taylor

When they slide to the ODD FRONT, Larry Chester will go to NT with Holliday and Carter on the ends. Jason Taylor will then rush from a two point stance.

Nublar7 said:

I like it but... I think we'll cut David Bowens, and Roth will take over starting for Vonnie Holliday somewhere during the season.

DE- Matt Roth/Vonnie Holliday
DT- Kevin Carter/ Kevin Vickerson
DT- Larry Chester (Not sure if he's fully healed yet)/Tim Bowens
DE- Jason Taylor/ Van Brown (perhaps)

also interesting who starts behind these guys at linebacker, especially on the outside

Back
Top Bottom