Key to beating NE: SMASH-MOUTH FOOTBALL! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Key to beating NE: SMASH-MOUTH FOOTBALL!

-81- McMichael

Active Roster
Reaction score
If Norv keeps it simple (yes, simple) and we play SMASH-MOUTH football, we win. Why?

Due to injuries, NE has NOT been tackling in practice. They won't it admit it, but it is making them a little soft in the tackling/blocking department.

Also, all the disguising in the world comes undone when put up against a team that keeps coming at you down after down.

If we simply EXECUTE and hold on to the ball... we win.

Problem/danger in this game is if we try to get "cute" or "smart". That plays TOTALLY into NE's hands. Every time we've beat this team it is because we dared them to play with their cojones (they have none).

Bottom line: We play OUR game... and they simlpy can't keep up.

Run-Ricky-Run and hard-hitting D. Fiedler as the quiet-but-stern general, rolling out, running and making the safe/high-percentage throws.

That's it. My .02.

Agreed 100%. This team is soft in the middle of the defense, withTed Washington, Ted Johnson, COlvin and Molloy all gone from last years squad. They are asking for a pounding, and Norv might just give it to them.

I think Miami's D also has to stop the short pass that Brady loves to throw to his WR's and TE. The Patsies have killed Miami with YAC. Seau, McKnight, and Thomas have to be ready for the dumpoffs over the middle and in the flats. This might be obvious to some of you but I'm not really worried about the 10 yd + throws. Brady gets happy feet when pressured and could throw a couple of picks when he throws downfield. For the Patisies to move the ball, the 3 step quick passes will be their bread and butter. Their running game scares no one and their deep passes, especially with Brady's elbow still hurting, maybe non-exstinent. As usual, the defense and Matt Turks leg will be the difference in field position and that could be the other key in winning this game.

Originally posted by Smacks
I think Miami's D also has to stop the short pass that Brady loves to throw to his WR's and TE.

Not to mention Kevin Faulk, who destroyed us las year....

i really disagree... miami needs to change things up on offense. Norv Turner knows NE is going to scheme it up and do whatever it takes to beat the offense to the punch. NT will win this battle.

We are gonna smash the Pats right in their confident azz mouths!

I agree, we should get Ricky about 35 touches this game. We need to throw for McM and CC deep on 1st down every so often to keep them honest.

I agree, we need to wear this D out with the "Beast". I can't wait man!! And we got Seau back for this game too to help slam Cloud into the ground. We win this division game and we are sitting strong at the top.

yeah, i agree. i think ricky gets a lot of touches. jimmy johnson said this about the pats' offense: "stop the screen passes, and you stop them."

Yeah, just run Ricky all day. Pretty simple. The Pats defense has been winning the games (2nd in takeaways) so just don't make any mistakes and Miami should win.

Pats are top ten in rushing, and top 10 in rush defense.

We also are top 5 in sacks a takeaways.

Don't ask :confused:

You can't play-fake if you don't actually give him the pill to run with. If the running game is ineffective, play-action is useless.

Originally posted by dolfan4good
You can't play-fake if you don't actually give him the pill to run with. If the running game is ineffective, play-action is useless.

Good point but I was kidding...
;)

Back
Top Bottom