Key to beating NE: SMASH-MOUTH FOOTBALL! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Key to beating NE: SMASH-MOUTH FOOTBALL!

Originally posted by Scarface
i really disagree... miami needs to change things up on offense. Norv Turner knows NE is going to scheme it up and do whatever it takes to beat the offense to the punch. NT will win this battle.

change it up and pound em at the same time. pass on first down. but like i have said before. we are different than most all other teams in the nfl. everybody is a passing team. new england hasnt faced this yet with there personel. you defenitely run it right up there a$$ and you run outside as well. I am thinking the blocking schemes are going to be much more complex this week. i also see ayabandejo getting the ball some in the flat and over the middle.

Originally posted by finfan54

change it up and pound em at the same time. pass on first down. but like i have said before. we are different than most all other teams in the nfl. everybody is a passing team. new england hasnt faced this yet with there personel. you defenitely run it right up there a$$ and you run outside as well. I am thinking the blocking schemes are going to be much more complex this week. i also see ayabandejo getting the ball some in the flat and over the middle.

jay's best QB rating comes on 2nd down (in the 90's). so play action will be key.

i feel NT is holding back play action (missing in action the past 2 weeks, and used a ton in the bills game),shotgun plays and running counters. i think miami knows it has it easy (well you know what i mean) when we play people like the jags and other weak teams. i really believe he is saving plays for the colts, skins, dallas, etc... why let teams see film of the best plays and figure out how to counter them? miami needs a surprise factor on offense because it's not the best. it's well rounded but ricky is the only "superstar" and we need him in big games and not so much the little ones.

look for some things we haven't used all season. look for the pats to be baffled when they have made a scheme completley different from which miami is running. the sluggish and predictible offense stops this week. i would bet on it.

pats- 9
fish- 27

It might be asking too much of the Pats to win this game here in Miami with all the injuries they have.

Heck I thought OUR injury list was extensive. They will be without Ted Johnson, Ted Washington, and Roosevelt Colvin (out for year), then you got guys like Adrian Klemm, Mike Vrabel, and Larry Centers most likely not playing (doubtful). And while we may have a whole slew of guys we list as Probably, they have a whole slew of guys they list as Questionable...Deion Branch, Je'Rod Cherry, Daniel Graham, Ty Law, Willie McGinnest, David Patten, and Antowain Smith.

I expect Law and McGinnest will play, probably Patten as well...but still man. Lots of people hurtin for them

Back
Top Bottom