KFFL: Knight and Miami not yet close... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

KFFL: Knight and Miami not yet close...

Penthos

Am I on speaker phone?
Reaction score
Dolphins | Knight Not Close To Signing - from www.KFFL.com
Wed, 7 May 2003 05:30:29 -0700

Updating previous reports, the Sun-Sentinel reports the Miami Dolphins and the agent for free agent S Sammy Knight (Saints) have exchanged contract proposals, but the sides aren’t close to an agreement. “We’re trying to do something we can afford,†said Dolphins head coach Dave Wannstedt. “Right now we’re not there on either end."

What, we can't afford 1.5 mil for a pro bowl saftey? Perhaps WanneSpiel is playing poker again...

I dunno, probably shouldn't read to much into it, could just be hard negotiating going on.

I think this is definitely a poker game...

I think Sammy and his agent probably are having a hard time with economic reality...the key is still making him feel wanted and not losing him to another team that comes in just a little higher like the Pack...

it may take a while this deal...but what Knight should keep in mind is that the money doesn't usually get sweeter it gets lower as we get closer to the season.

I don't think they can pay big $$ for a safety, and land Griese in June. They will have to hope that both these guys are willing to come in for the opportunity, and not as much for the money.

Dolphins make offer to S Knight
``He's one of the smartest players that we've had through here in free agency,'' Wannstedt said. ``The learning part and him being ready to play would not be an issue.

fact is we have very little left under the cap to sign him and our picks so he will have to sign for a 2003 cap-friendly contract which I am sure means incentives. I could see us cutting Wooden again to sign him though if that would help...

i read on billsinsider that he had signed already, and came right over here.. boy am i glad to see this thread.

Originally posted by 13isgr81
Dolphins | Knight Not Close To Signing - from www.KFFL.com
Wed, 7 May 2003 05:30:29 -0700

Updating previous reports, the Sun-Sentinel reports the Miami Dolphins and the agent for free agent S Sammy Knight (Saints) have exchanged contract proposals, but the sides aren’t close to an agreement. “We’re trying to do something we can afford,†said Dolphins head coach Dave Wannstedt. “Right now we’re not there on either end."

What, we can't afford 1.5 mil for a pro bowl saftey? Perhaps WanneSpiel is playing poker again...

I dunno, probably shouldn't read to much into it, could just be hard negotiating going on.

Actually...no we can't. The last numbers I saw gave us right around a million each for signing Knight and Griese.

Re: Re: KFFL: Knight and Miami not yet close...

Originally posted by PhinPhan1227

Actually...no we can't. The last numbers I saw gave us right around a million each for signing Knight and Griese.

Then its time to cut someone... I'd rather have Knight than either Wooden or Freeman wouldn't you...?

Re: Re: Re: KFFL: Knight and Miami not yet close...

Originally posted by 13isgr81

Then its time to cut someone... I'd rather have Knight than either Wooden or Freeman wouldn't you...?

I don't think Wooden even counts in the cap as part of the top salaries...and Freeman can still be a solid replacement for Marion in the next year or so. People just need to face the FACT that we're VERY limited right now in the money we have.

It's not a done-deal yet.....he could end up in Green Bay.

Saints safety isn't close to signing

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/...ay07,0,1687101.story?coll=sfla-dolphins-front

DAVIE · The Dolphins and the agent for New Orleans safety Sammy Knight have exchanged contract offers, but the two sides remain far apart.

"We're trying to do something we can afford," coach Dave Wannstedt said. "Right now we're not there on either end."

Re: Thanks Pats fan...

Originally posted by RHoffman
but we know that already...

:rolleyes:

Originally posted by Den54
Thanks for the News Flash there.:rolleyes:

You guys were just looking at the KFFL snipet - it didn't even mention Green Bay. That's why I thought it was relevant.

No wonder why Bills fans can't stand you guys :lol: .

Back
Top Bottom