KFFL: Nails, Tolver | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

KFFL: Nails, Tolver

TeeMoney

Kid A
Club Member
Reaction score
Dolphins | Nails Injury Update - from www.KFFL.com
Sun, 25 May 2003 11:11:17 -0700

Todd Archer, of the Palm Beach Post, reports for the Sporting News that Miami Dolphins OLG Jamie Nails (Achilles’) hopes to be back on the field during one of the team’s two minicamps in June.

Dolphins | Tolver Impressing - from www.KFFL.com
Sun, 25 May 2003 10:41:10 -0700

The Trenton Times reports the Miami Dolphins have been quite impressed with rookie WR J.R. Tolver, a fifth-round draft choice. He could wind up as the team’s No. 4 receiver.

Good News for Nails. It looked promising, seeing him pull the blocking dummies around at camp. I hope he can come back with as much impact as early last year.

I'll be pulling for Tolver this TCamp.

T$

Welcome to FinHeaven TeeMoney!

Glad to have you aboard. I think you'll find this to be the best Dol-Fan site on the web, please feel free to take advantage of all that FinHeaven has to offer!
If you have any questions, comments or suggestions, please don't heistate to contact either AJ or myself, or any or the Mods or Mentors... we're always happy to help in any way we can!

Go Fins!!

Jon

I really like Tolver but I know he might not get a whole lot of playing time this year unless someone gets hurt or if someone strugles. But if that was to happen, then I'm glad that we have him to come in cos I think he can contribute.

I'm hoping that Nails can get back all the way but is a wait and see at this point.

Yeah, hearing that Nails is going well is a good sign. He really played well for us last year and hope he can play the whole year this season.

Nails should have made the pro bowl...he was a good story last year, i really felt bad for him when he went down. Im really rootin for him and Im soo glad to hear that he is doing well

Amen on all the Nails comments - He had the best year as an OG since the days of Roy Foster's prime. His combination of power blocking and ability to pull hasn't been there in a Dolphin OG in a long time. I too thought he deserved the Pro Bowl. I'm also glad to see him working hard. That's really all he needed - that inner drive. He has all the tools (size, power, quickness, smarts, etc.). I'm not a fan of the finesse OL's, I prefer the smashmouth kind and Nails fits the bill.

Nails actually was the first alternate for the Pro Bowl, before he was injured, which is still a pretty remarkable feat in itself. If e comes back 100% expect him to be just as dominate again.

That is good news about Nails. I don't think that it is surprising after everything I heard here that the Fins are impressed with Tolver.

I loved what Jamie Nails did last year but lets not get toooo carried away here. I mean the guy did an aweful lot of bull fighter impressions on pass defense. Not a whole lot but the quicker DTs did get by him sometimes. I mean, but that was the book on him. Excellent run blocker, lots of lapses in pass protection. Its basically why the coaches wanna put Dixon in at LG and move Nails to RG where he'll not be facing the quicker more penetrating DTs. Unfortunately we can't do that now cuz Dixon's gotta play LT.

But you're right definitely Nails performed well enough that I would not have been surprised to see him in the pro bowl.

Oh and Tolver, I'm starting to get excited by the hype which could be good or bad. Don't have visions of Chambers but still keep an eye on the kid he could find himself on the field making plays and giving us something to be excited about. I would like to see one of our young guys be it Newson or Tolver (or I guess Baker) get some playing time but I'm too uncomfortable with them being a #3 WR because one injury and bam you've got one of these young completely inexperienced guys starting....and I just dont know about that. That would be ok if we had like a 1st, 2nd, or 3rd round young guy....but we're talkin about a 6th rounder, and some undrafted guys. Potential maybe but not enough to trust with anything more than a #4 job until they prove it.

Tolver was a 5th rounder. I watched Newson play today and he made a nice grab that regardless of the league was sweet. CB was all over him and he made a diving one-handed grab. I am starting to like his long-range potential for this team.(I'm coming around CK)

Baker has had many a chance to make this team, I don't know if he's improved as much as our WR corps has, thus making it even harder for him to be on the team.

I'd love to have JJ Stokes be the 4th guy at WR. His experience and size fit what we do here.

Yeah its too bad ya didnt see the Baker grab supposedly his 2nd TD of the day was a magnificent one handed grab while a defender was in the process of interfering with him...defender got called for it, but it was a TD anyway.

Anyway as tempted as I would be to sign back OG or get a proven dude like JJ Stokes to be our 4th WR, to get lucky with some of the developmentals, you need to give them the opportunity to grow and that means playing time and sometimes that means taking a dude or some dudes that look like they have potential (Baker, Newson, Tolver) and NOT burying them 6 feet under the depth chart. It paid off with OG (on some levels). Lets try and see if one of these guys has what it takes. Heck, it'll be cheaper.

burying them 6 feet under the depth chart - nice phrase!
:evil:

Back
Top Bottom