Khalil Mack To The Bears | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Khalil Mack To The Bears

Needless to say they have put all their chips in two basket's. Trubisky and Mack.

They absolutely need to make the playoffs or at least be in the neighborhood of .500. They can't be shipping the 6th or 7th pick in the draft next year and the 10th or 11th pick in 2020 to Oakland and think this thing will work out.

As talented as Smith and Mack are, they are both essentially joining a brand new team just before the start of the season. Ultra talents might be able to make up for it but this isn't like Donald returning to the Rams and hitting the ground running.

I follow the Bears pretty closely as my best friend is a Bears fan I'll be intrigued for sure.

What are the odds that even the 6th or 7th pick is close to as good as Mack? Even the scenario you present, they're essentially drafting Mack in 2019 after trading their 2020 1st to move up to the 6th or 7th pick. In other words, if we traded a 2020 1st to move up to draft a proven star and likely future HOFer at a vital position in 2019, I'd 100% do it. An absolute steal.

Meanwhile, the Phins keep relying on UDFAs. Should work out.

Yea miami doesnt need first rounders for 2 years lol

if you cant draft find a new gm, dont dump picks.

I don't care about the picks as much as I care about wanting nothing to do with a Tbum negotiated contract like Mack will get. If Aponte was still here, I'd be onboard with a trade like this.

That’s a pretty complete defense is Chicago now.

I’m still not, and was never really sold on trubinsky being an all-pro, but if he can orchestrate that offense and utilize the weapons around him the way Dak Prescott was able to (Trubinsky does have more upside than Prescott) the bears will be a legitimate threat.

Eddie Jackson was probly the steal of that draft. Right there w/ Desmond king

Well, ****. Looks like we're stuck facing Mack this season either way.

Also apparently this was less of a "did not want to pay him" issue, or a "cap management" issue, and more of a "owner literally doesn't have the cash to pay what he demanded in guaranteed money" issue.

Last edited:
Well, ****. Looks like we're stuck facing Mack this season either way.

Also apparently this was less of a "did not want to pay him" issue, or a "cap management" issue, and more of a "owner literally doesn't have the cash to pay what he demanded in guaranteed money" issue.

I didn't realize the Davis's were cash poor by NFL owner standards.

Mark Davis isn't Steve Ross wealthy and that insane contract they just gave Jon Gruden means that he apparently simply can't pay Khalil Mack a big signing bonus right now.

When last has a player of Mack's caliber been traded in his prime? I can't think of any top 5 non qb caliber guys getting traded in the last 10 years off the top of my head.

I’m not sure how much if any money Davis has to put into the Vegas stadium, but betwee that and Grudens stupid contract that could be a lot of dough

Back
Top Bottom