Kickers? Punters? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Kickers? Punters?

spiketex

Aussie with the swag of El Bravo 47
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Slimm - many thanks for the comprehensive breakdown position by position. However, I don't see anything on the prospective kickers. After losing Cody Parkey to the Bears, Miami is in need of a reliable kicker and maybe we look to draft Eddy Pineiro from the Florida Gators. I heard that Carlson from Auburn is also well regarded. Welcome thoughts how you rate the respective kickers.
We may need a punter, too and your big boy from Alabama had pretty good leg strength in big games. Drafting punters and kickers is pretty rare for Miami but it looks like we have needs.

Slimm - many thanks for the comprehensive breakdown position by position. However, I don't see anything on the prospective kickers. After losing Cody Parkey to the Bears, Miami is in need of a reliable kicker and maybe we look to draft Eddy Pineiro from the Florida Gators. I heard that Carlson from Auburn is also well regarded. Welcome thoughts how you rate the respective kickers.
We may need a punter, too and your big boy from Alabama had pretty good leg strength in big games. Drafting punters and kickers is pretty rare for Miami but it looks like we have needs.

I don't scout kickers or punters. I don't know enough about the mechanics to scout it, and most college teams don't have special teams coaches. It's usually the head coach in charge of special teams.

Although, Daniel Carlson might be the best college kicker I've ever seen.

His whole family went to Alabama and were Bama fans. Don't ask me how he ended up at Auburn. Pineiro was a Bama commit too and flipped to Florida at the last minute.

Kickers and punters are the two positions that improve the most from college to the NFL. It's because of the specialty coaching at the next level that just isn't available in college. Most of these head coaches don't know enough about the mechanics of kicking a football either. Special teams coaches are very niche.

Back
Top Bottom