Kickoffs | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Kickoffs

13Dolfan87

Scout Team
Reaction score
Can Carpenter kick the ball into the damn endzone (or, hell, out of it!) for a touchback for a change?

One overlooked thing is that New England had fantastic field position to start all night long. You're already falling behind the eight ball if Brady has a shorter field.

We, on the other hand, were buried inside our 20 for almost every drive.

And, with how bad our special teams are, I'd honestly rather them just down the ball in the endzone and start at the 20 every time. It's better than Trusnik holding on every return or Gates running to the 15 and putting the offense in a hole right off the bat.

It is funny because every game this pass weekend the kickers always seem to put the ball deep in the endzone. I can't understand this team, the just can't do easy stuff right. Like wrap up ball carriers and cover TEs and kick the the ball out of the endzone. These are fundamental stuff...shishhh!!!

idk, this is the way i see it....if you dont want to put it out of the end zone, kick it a little higher than longer, this will give your coverage more time to get there for the tackle and place them deeper than the 20, its really risky, but if you have the coverage (which we dont really) it can be a very good strategic move. Carpenter definitely has the leg for it so there must be some underlining cause for it. I think i remember them starting at the 20 or less a couple times. The times i remember they didnt were the onsides try and the squib(ish) kick. So idk

Back
Top Bottom