Killer article from TSN | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Killer article from TSN

I think Gonzalez is really underrated. I think he is a quality player who can do a lot in the NFL. He has the leadership and he has good strength.

I'm also going to have to say I don't think Gonzales would be a good pick at #90. If he's available in the 4th or early 5th, then perhaps he's worth a look. Otherwise, he's way too undersized to be a solid O-lineman in the NFL.

I didn't really get to see him play but you have to start buying into these notions when virtually every draft columnist out there is saying the same thing. :p

ot especially would not be a wise choice in the third round at 90 it would be a reach to get them . guard center or tight end would be a better choice there

People are ripping Gonzalez way to much. He rarely allowed sacks if any at all and has good techniques and strengths with a great heart to play the game.

Originally posted by dolphan39
does that mean you would not take a Bilba at 90 if he was there, anyway ?

Bibla's going to be around when we pick in the fourth. He might even still be on the board when we pick in the fifth.

Same goes for Gonzalez.

We're not going to reach. We'll probably just take the best player available at a position of need with our first pick.

If we............

Originally posted by Blitz
Same goes for Gonzalez.

We're not going to reach. We'll probably just take the best player available at a position of need with our first pick.

we don't acquire Blake Brockermeyer, then I wouldn't be surprised if Dave and Rick attempt to put a package together to move into the 2nd round for the chance at nabbing Levi Jones.:eek:

Re: If we............

Originally posted by aqua&orange54

we don't acquire Blake Brockermeyer, then I wouldn't be surprised if Dave and Rick attempt to put a package together to move into the 2nd round for the chance at nabbing Levi Jones.:eek:
I do not see how we could move up to the 2nd round when we have only 5 picks and cannot really trade our 1, 2 or 3 from 2003 because of the RW trade; unless we trade picks in 2004 :rolleyes:

Originally posted by iceblizzard69
But Levi Jones will easily be taken in the first round.

Jones is not a lock for the first round.

Jones is a first rounder right now for sure. very low chance that he falls out of the first 32. Too many teams wit htoo many needds at OT. He probobly wont make it past the Giants at 15.

Gonzalez hasn't played LT in years!!! he played RT at Miami, and is very limited in AA and size! He has probobly reached his peak as far as ability, so what you are getting is pretty much the finished product. He would definately not start for us this year, barring injury.

Bilba and Gonzalez are both heart players, but low on talent. They had a great team around them.

Re: Re: If we............

Originally posted by dolphan39
I do not see how we could move up to the 2nd round when we have only 5 picks and cannot really trade our 1, 2 or 3 from 2003 because of the RW trade; unless we trade picks in 2004 :rolleyes:

Simple. Through a stupid and highly overpaying move based on where the Saints get their pick. IE we offer the 1st rounder next year for a 2nd rounder this year, however if Ricky does rush for 1500 yds then that 1st rounder becomes a 2nd/5th rounder. Or something like that. I hope they don't do it, but Wanny/Spielman don't seem to mind trading away future picks for the present (*cough*morlon*cough*)

Joaquin is going to be a player that has the stigma of being a great collegiate player but mediocre professional player. He simply doesn't have the physical ability to make it as a starter in the NFL. He's a high cut player who is too light as it his. His bone structure suggests that he won't be able to hold much more weight.

Is he smart? Yes. He knows all the techniques and understands blocking angles. I will be very surprised if he can utilize those to overcome his lack of size, athletic ability, and functional strength.

Back
Top Bottom