Killing Time 9/Can DW Have the Same Success as B Bilichick? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Killing Time 9/Can DW Have the Same Success as B Bilichick?

eltos_lightfoot said:
I would just like to point out that some other teams have done well with the same defense that we are running...ie the Cowboys in the early 90's seemed to do ok. I do not think that we need to change our defense. We DO need to pass more, and pass more efficiently.

Personally, I prefer our d to NE's d on a straight up field. We have finally added some depth. Especially in the secondary that was our weak link depth-wise (nickel back anyone?).
exactly...i would rather play cover 2 man instead of a modified zone coverage which NE plays...

AquaAssasin said:
you pass to score and run to win...defense wins championships....

remember they are not a ruinning team and they ran the ball effectively when they needed to. also they utilized their talent to their true potential. theyre offense didnt scare anyone but they had great chemistry and can adjust on the fly..

and by the way bend but dont break sucks...that term was used in the shula days with olivadotti. our defense sucked until we changed schemes..

If you could use one more cliche in your defense it would be much appreciated. ;)

The Pats play a modified zone...and cover-2, cover-3, 3-4, 4-3, 4-6...get the picture?

This will be the 5th year in the same systems on both sides of the ball for the Pats. Both systems have grown and evolved, as have the players. Thats the big difference I see between DW and BB.

The Fin's stay with their base (and most excellent) D game after game, season after season. That gets too predictable, no matter how talented the players. Sooner or later someone will figure it out.

I think the Dolphin's problem is they dont attack as much on defense. All they do is send 7 guys into coverage and attack the QB with the DE's. NE's attacks from ALL areas. You never know what they are going to do. They run many different types of defenses and attack the QB from different positions. Thats why NE is one of the better defenses. They will allow yardage but they come up with big plays because of their ability to confuse and attack from different areas. Miami's problem on Defense, IMO, is they allow QB's and teams to get into grooves at certain points in the game becuase of their predicitbility. It's very hard to stop a QB when he's in a groove at this level. I'd wish Bates would attack a little more especially since we have more speed than NE.

Kistner10 said:
I think the Dolphin's problem is they dont attack as much on defense. All they do is send 7 guys into coverage and attack the QB with the DE's. NE's attacks from ALL areas. You never know what they are going to do. They run many different types of defenses and attack the QB from different positions. Thats why NE is one of the better defenses. They will allow yardage but they come up with big plays because of their ability to confuse and attack from different areas. Miami's problem on Defense, IMO, is they allow QB's and teams to get into grooves at certain points in the game becuase of their predicitbility. It's very hard to stop a QB when he's in a groove at this level. I'd wish Bates would attack a little more especially since we have more speed than NE.
Good points, but im gonna add on. The Dolphins should be even more agressivve this year with 4 capable CB's, and 4 capable S's(i believe).

Back
Top Bottom