Kim Bokamper: David Garrard could be done with the Dolphins | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Kim Bokamper: David Garrard could be done with the Dolphins

Yeah, I have to agree with the thought that Garrard is probably not going to make it back in the race for the starting slot. It is Tannehill's to loose now! Wow. What a difference a week makes. Hang in there folks, there's a few more weeks of camp left, teams are going to start making cuts soon and you never know who's out there for the taking. Garrard going down and CJ being cut are just opportunity chances for a surprise to happen.

I thought Garrard would be cut before this injury, and getting elective surgery during the 2nd week of camp just seals the deal. We can't release him while he is out, but I think they cut him when he returns.

Roll with Tanny, MM and Devlin. DG does not excite me in the least.

Garrard used to be a solid NFL pro QB. He is a shadow of his former self. My concern is his back issues and the pace of the hurry up gradually wearing him out..let alone him sustaining an injury. I do not think he would last more than 4 games.

Now..since he is already injured, the Garrard plan "A" experiment looks over. He will likely get cut. If Tannehill can play well against the 1's in the next 3 games...he will make a case for himself as the starter.
If Tannehill struggles somewhat, then start Moore in Houston and give Tannehill some playing time in each game.

At some point this early this year, RT will start...my prediction is that he starts in game 6 against the Rams, but Moore plays badly against Houston, he could start in game 2 against Oakland.

I have been impressed with Samuda at center. I never heard of the guy until I saw him playing. He looks like he could be a player.

With Murtha, and Garner nursing injuries, I would be scouring the waiver wire. I would not release Steinbeck until another player is signed.

I thought Garrard would be cut before this injury, and getting elective surgery during the 2nd week of camp just seals the deal. We can't release him while he is out, but I think they cut him when he returns.

Are you actually suggesting the Dolphins did not want him to get the surgery?

I'm just a bit confused as to how Garrard effortlessly stood up on a wakeboard behind a boat but all of a sudden is mysteriously having knee pain that required surgery

I'm just a bit confused as to how Garrard effortlessly stood up on a wakeboard behind a boat but all of a sudden is mysteriously having knee pain that required surgery

I like to look for the best in people who sign with the Miami Dolphins, because I have no control over who our team signs, but too much stuff with Garrard just doesn't add up. I think WV was right on this one.

I thought Nate Garner was gonna be a good one. I remember a game against Carolina a couple years back when the Dolphins O-line was blowing the Panthers off the ball and Ricky was picking up major chunk yardage and scoring. I remember Nate Garner was in that game and doing great.

I was hoping that Garrard would be the veteran starting QB until they put in Tannehill. Moore is nothing but a back-up; he has only won against bad teams while in Miami. (Not that it's all his fault, the rest of the team shares some blame, too.) With Garrard possibly out of the picture, I say start Tannehill NOW!

Back
Top Bottom