Kinda crazy idea. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Kinda crazy idea.

being a head coach........

Originally posted by iceblizzard69
Hopefully Wanne will retire and Norv can coach here. :)
and trying to coach offense, is a bitch. of course norm wouldn't have parents to deal with. thats the worst part of coaching kids!:rolleyes:

Actually You're Pretty Much Completely Wrong...

Originally posted by ckparrothead

You mean it would be like having three branches of relatively equal power with checks and balances on each other run a country. Yeah that'd be terrible.

While the legislative, judicial, and executive branches do maintain relative equity, they are not equal. Without dropping a Poli-Sci dissertation on your uninformed A** I will elaborate upon my origional statement so it makes sense to you.

While the aforementioned [relative] equity does exist, each branch serves a purpose. The primary purpose of the executive branch, i.e. the presidency, is to be a national figurehead. As a figurehead one is granted a great deal of liberty to act, somewhat unilaterally, in a way that the aforementioned figurehead deems beneficial to the nation at large. No other branch has this kind of power as both of the other branches have to deal with majority and consensus building before they may take any action whatsoever.

This power to act unilaterally in several cases gives the President (i.e. the figurehead) the ability to accept individual credit for decisions made, as well as suffer the individual consequences of said decisions. Therefore, two presidents could not, would not, and never has worked. A figurehead is in place to make the tough decisions and accept credit for them when they're good and suffer for them when they're not.

In order to bring this back home for you son, that same type of decision making power and responsibility is inherent within the head coaching position of an NFL franchise. Fans and owners (i.e. constituents) need someone to blame and credit. Why do you think so many head coaches are fired when teams do poorly when, half the time, it's just as much the owner or players faults as it is the coach's. By that same token, presidents also take the fall when the economy is poor even though more of the fault lies with the legislative branch- particularly the congress- since they control the "purse."

Next time you want to run smack from the Poli-Sci 101 course you just had at the local JC you might want to make sure you're not running at an individual who actually has a degree in the subject. Time to go in for a time out now son because the professor's in and you just flunked!! SMACK!!!

:evil:

Originally posted by iceblizzard69
Hopefully Wanne will retire and Norv can coach here. :)
Wanne will retire, but too soon you would think - he's still young - to some of us at least :rolleyes:

Re: OUCH!

Originally posted by WharfRat
Now THAT had to sting!
Nice Post Expo... I was impressed!
:rocker:

Thanks, someone had to go and put the smack-down on that guy after posting something that ignorant. ;)

That was interesting. Somehow the time got messed up and put your posts before mine. Oh well, the message will get out eventually. ;)

yeah!

Originally posted by Expo88
That was interesting. Somehow the time got messed up and put your posts before mine. Oh well, the message will get out eventually. ;)
thats happened 2 or 3 times lately!:confused:

Back
Top Bottom