King on Marino Decision | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

King on Marino Decision

i'm starting to feel a little better about this...maybe it was the right choice afterall.

That was a good read.
Man, I just Marino would have thought about this first. I mean before he accepted the job in the first place. Why would he give up his family and a life he is used to for an almost round the clock job.
A wife, six kids , etc.... He deserves more than what some so-called fans are throwing at him, he did more for this organization that anyone I can think of. Let him think about this for a couple years, Like the article said I too see Dan Marino coming back to the front office down the road but with a specific job title and responsiblities for him to handle.
It would have been fun but who knows what can happen in the future, I for one will never tune out........

First let me say I LOVE Dan, however this was a huge pooch screw. Typically one investigates the details of a new position before accepting it and quitting another. Saying that he didn't realize was what involved is allowing ignorance to be a good excuse. Sorry Dan but in this case you really did F* this up and embarass this fine organization. Unless of course they pulled a bait and switch on him but either way this debacle has emabrassed a previously fine organization.

Originally posted by dreadlockera
First let me say I LOVE Dan, however this was a huge pooch screw. Typically one investigates the details of a new position before accepting it and quitting another. Saying that he didn't realize was what involved is allowing ignorance to be a good excuse. Sorry Dan but in this case you really did F* this up and embarass this fine organization. Unless of course they pulled a bait and switch on him but either way this debacle has emabrassed a previously fine organization.

Do you ever have anything positive to say? Dan didn't screw anything up it is really not a big deal if it was a no name who turned down the job it possibly wouldn't even had made head lines

Originally posted by Sal Lisitano
This organization is still fine!!!
Well, I wouldnt go that far. It wasnt fine before they hired Marino and its not fine not that he has quit....but the Dolphins are no worse for wear.

Personally I love Dan and am sad that he will not be involved with the Dolphins next year.

Danny don't like worky worky...............

Boy, that article really makes Danny look bad........and that was his HBO boss writing the article!!!!!!!!!!!

"Well, I wouldnt go that far. It wasnt fine before they hired Marino and its not fine not that he has quit....but the Dolphins are no worse for wear.

Personally I love Dan and am sad that he will not be involved with the Dolphins next year."

Well I still want to really really really believe that they will be fine and totally agree with you on this..."Personally I love Dan and am sad that he will not be involved with the Dolphins next year."

Originally posted by hunter5nc1

Do you ever have anything positive to say? Dan didn't screw anything up it is really not a big deal if it was a no name who turned down the job it possibly wouldn't even had made head lines

I am quite positive. Positive about the future. And positive someone in the organization F*ed this up. I looks like Dan is taking the blame, right, wrong or indifferent. However I cant imagine how anyone thinks this helps the team in any capacity. If anything it makes the team look less attractive to FA opportunities.

King is a budy of Marino's, so it makes sense that he supports him in this article. Its a nice take, I think, even if its a bit subjective.

I doubt the real truth will ever come out, but I think Dan got yanked by Wayne.

I feel confident Dan was offered the job of "Vice President of Football Operations"... man that sounds like a real important title... Then Wayne told Dan both Rick and Wanny will be reporting directly to him and thats why Dan accepted the job.

But as days turned into weeks, Dan's actual job description never got set in concrete so Dan said "screw this"...

Thats my guess on what happened.............

Back
Top Bottom