Kiper says 'Skins likely to trade down from #5 spot. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Kiper says 'Skins likely to trade down from #5 spot.

Originally posted by Muck
If we want to get into that 5 spot, we'd have to give up Wally and the #20 pick to get there. Maybe we could get them to give up a 4th next year or something.

that scenario would be similar to the deals involving chambers to get moss.. the allure of having randy was to have him opposite cc. the allure to getting the 5th pick is pairing it with our 20th...

otherwise it's not a necessity since we should most definitely go wide receiver in the first round if we only have one pick and no one knows for sure which of the williams', fitgerald, woods, clayton, etc.. will be successful and which will be busts, but id rather give up the 20th pick for that chance than wally and the 20th.

If we knew gallery was gonna be available, then maybe, but id still rather sit tight at 20. I am hoping we can move wally for another pick even though the market seems to be drying up fast... minny?, chicago have any money left? houston or KC still interested?

Exactly Muck, no way we'd get their #5 for Wally and anything less than our first.

I'd do the deal if Wally isn't signed before the deadline for offers to RFA and have a pre-draft deal set if the player we want is there. I'd give up our 3rd, Wally, and #20 for their #5 and 5th rd pick. That's how good I feel Gallery is going to be.

If Washington trades down it will be because they want to accumulate more picks as they only have 2.

In my opinion Miami has no real desire to trade up , let alone that high , cost is to prohibitive and you are still unlukely to get a franchise QB , and Miami is more than one elite player away from final four status.

Anyway all the scenarios are interesting and I lovel to read them , so keep them coming.

How do you know we are more than one elite player away from final four status???

I bet you would have said that about Carolina before last year too, huh.

if we had the #5 pick, and didn't snag Ben if he was there, I would up and die. We have Chambers for WR, agreed, we need a solid #2, but we need a solid QB first. How often would we be in a position to nab a top 10 QB? Let's be brutally honest here, OL is another matter, though I'm not open to using a top 10 pick on OL.

there looking for 2 #1's dont flatter yourself.

Back
Top Bottom