Kiper says we should have taken Ryan. This guy is crazy!(video) | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Kiper says we should have taken Ryan. This guy is crazy!(video)

I hope Henne makes him eat his words over the next few years!!! Thats all i have to say about that

I like kiper also,but he makes people look stupid if you dont agree with him.

But taking Ryan would have been better because you get a franchise QB. I hear they don't grow on trees so if you can get one then you bet your *** you choose him.

Hey, you know what else doesn't "grow on trees?" FRANCHISE LT's!!! While the post Marino quarterback drought was much more publicized, the gaggle of LT's that preceeded Richmond Webb weren't all that great either. I'm so happy to have Jake Long on our team!

It's a pretty easy thing to say after the fact. If Ryan came out and flopped he would have said we made a brilliant move. I hate Kiper. He was always popular bc he was pretty much the only analyst, now that they have mayock and other he really looks more like an idiot.

It doesn't mean we made a mistake taking Long over Ryan. But taking Ryan would have been better because you get a franchise QB. I hear they don't grow on trees so if you can get one then you bet your *** you choose him. I'm not upset with our pick though. Last years draft is the best draft we have had in YEARS! I'm surprised at the fact that last year we didn't even seem like we were considering him as a choice. That is a bit puzzling. Maybe the FO just didn't think there was much separation between Ryan, Flacco, and Henne. With their track record I give them the benefit of the doubt and hope they are right!! :crazy:

We got a franchise QB in the second round if Im not mistaken

Kiper is a dolt.
No one pays attention to him anymore.
Everyone sees Mayock is infinitely better. ESPN just jams their fool down our throats. Just ESPN can't promote the NFL network guy. Kiper's ego has gotten so big over the years, because he was the only game in town. I'd prefer Mcshay over Kiper, at least hes in touch with reality.

Wow I just saw that McShay vs Kiper video about signability. I thought they would have thrown punches if they weren't in separate locations.

Kiper is a dolt.
No one pays attention to him anymore.
Everyone sees Mayock is infinitely better. ESPN just jams their fool down our throats. Just ESPN can't promote the NFL network guy. Kiper's ego has gotten so big over the years, because he was the only game in town. I'd prefer Mcshay over Kiper, at least hes in touch with reality.

But then there is Mayock saying Jake is no Left tackle....How bout Pro Bowl LT there mike! These guys talk and talk so of course they will screw up but they push there guys and to them, its them being consistant.

Its just talk. Thats why they do what they do and they dont do it for a team. Its just talk.

But then there is Mayock saying Jake is no Left tackle....How bout Pro Bowl LT there mike! These guys talk and talk so of course they will screw up but they push there guys and to them, its them being consistant.

Its just talk. Thats why they do what they do and they dont do it for a team. Its just talk.

At least with Mayock, he's not being arrogant about it and giving reasons why he feels that way. With Lord Hair Spray if a team doesn't pick, who he feels they should pick he goes off on tangents about what a stupid pick it was.

Mayock never said that Jake was not a LT, he said it would be better to transition him to LT over a couple of years because he needs work in his pass protection. He was and is still seen as a run blocker first and foremost.

Here is Mayock's quote:
"He's got the talent, the toughness and the emotional stability to play left tackle at a high level, if he's transitioned over time ... I know he's a good athlete; I know he's left-handed and is used to playing the left side. With all those things, I think he could be inundated his first two seasons because I've seen tape when he goes up against defensive ends with NFL-type speed, and he struggles a little bit."

Yet he still ranked him as his #5 prospect in the draft (Ryan, C. Long, Dorsey, Gholston.)

Jake clearly hooked up with a great OL coaching staff in here in Miami and developed his Pass blocking, that made him a pro-bowler.
But to be honest he hasn't really been challenged by a true speed rusher, excpet for Mario Williams (who I actually remember switching to Careys side at times in the game.)

My main hatred for Kiper is his absolute arrogance. It's his way or everyone is wrong and then barraded for it. No one can predict that draft, and I'm not excpeting that from anyone, but it seems like Mayocks opinions are based on study, while Kiper bases his guts.

I think all of us understand that's it's his job, but he doesn't have to carry himself like an arrogant, and pompous gasbag all the time. I'm glad Mel started this whole "draft craze", but I'm so GLAD that Mike Mayock is around to offer an alternative to Lord Hair Spray.

I think your just jealous of his awesome hair:hump:

Back
Top Bottom