Kipers 2001 Draft | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Kipers 2001 Draft

I think whats more important in mock drafts for proffessionals like Kiper is getting the order right in terms of how successfull that player will be, rather than picking the right team to pick that player. That shows that you actually know the players and can predict how they will be in the future.

But in this case, he was off, lol.

"If Cade McNown is going to have any chance to make his mark as one of the bright young QBs in the NFL, he's going to need a big-time RB to balance things out."

I guess he didn't get a big-time RB.

That mock was before ATL mortaged the house and traded for Mike Vick.

Funny how trades have a ripple effect.

That draft was absolutely loaded. Many teams made some quality picks, New England really hit with Seymour. Even Casey Hampton taken by Pittsburgh was an exceptional choice, he is the glue to their 3-4 defense and was a difference maker in the Super Bowl. Let's hope another solid NT falls to us at #16, namely Haloti Ngata.

I think he was one spot off on Willie Middlebrooks who I believe was a total bust for the Denver Broncos....Shannahan also thought Maurice Clarett was gonna be money. OOOPs!!! :D :D

Atlanta and SD's trade really messed up the draft though to his credit. Also like every single pick is a Pro Bowler it seems. What a WR class of Chambers, Johnson, Wayne, and Moss

UF Fin Kat said:
at least he had chambers in the first round.

Its Ironic that Chambers was drafted in the second and not the first. Our all time favorite corner was our First round pick that year. Any updates on which team he is on now?

CanadianFish said:
Its Ironic that Chambers was drafted in the second and not the first. Our all time favorite corner was our First round pick that year. Any updates on which team he is on now?

I believe he's a UFA right now. He had a visit with a team last week (Team name escapes my memory right now)

Now unless i missed it. llooking over Kipers Mock, I see that Fletcher didn't make the 1st round cut.

Sheesh Wanny couldn't pick talent at all. He was a good Defensive cordinator but, that's all that guy should have been and nothing more.

SD and ATls trade was really big that year. I love how Chambers is in the first!

Terrible. Look at how many of those top 10 picks flopped right on their face in the NFL. Pretty weak class if you ask me.

Back
Top Bottom