Kiper's 3rd round mock | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Kiper's 3rd round mock

pcfin

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Not sure if this has been posted yet. Mel has Miami selecting Michael Roos, OT. Don't know much about him, but I seriously doubt we go OL in the 3rd round.

pcfin said:
Not sure if this has been posted yet. Mel has Miami selecting Michael Roos, OT. Don't know much about him, but I seriously doubt we go OL in the 3rd round.

Roos is a vastly underrated athlete who gained quite a bit of attention from NFL scouts after his performance in practices prior to the 2005 Senior Bowl. Called the best offensive lineman in the country below the NCAA Division 1-A ranks by The NFL Draft Report, Roos proved in Alabama that he is capable of performing very well at the next level. He not only excelled on the football field for the Eagles, but also in the classroom, with a double major in Finance and Economics. Roos redshirted as a freshman at Eastern Washington, but played in every game in 2001, seeing action at defensive end, tight end and defensive tackle. He shifted to the offensive line in 2002, starting all year at left tackle for a line that was in a constant state of change (team used eight different blocking units during the course of the season).

He again lined up at left tackle in 2003, earning All-Big Sky Conference honorable mention for the second straight year. Before the start of the 2004 season, Roos graduated with a double degree and is presently working on his master's.

Roos was named All-America first-team and Division 1-AA Offensive Lineman of the Year by The NFL Draft Report. He also garnered All-America honors from the American Football Coaches Association and The Sports Network.

He was a unanimous choice for first-team All-Big Sky Conference honors as selected by the league's head coaches. Roos started all 13 games at left offensive tackle in his final season, bringing his total number of consecutive starts to 35 at that position. He helped Eastern Washington average 475.5 yards of offense per game to rank fourth in I-AA, as well as an average of 37.5 points per game to rank sixth.

Combine Agility: 5.32 in the 40-yard dash … 3.12 20-yard dash … 1.92 10-yard dash … 4.50 20-yard shuttle … 7.72 three-cone drill … 29-inch vertical jump … 8-foot-1 broad jump … Bench pressed 225 pounds 19 times … 32-inch arm length … 9 1/8-inch hands.

clear.gif

Would that in depth info happen to include height and weight anywhere??

Thank you sir....i suppose I could have done that...:o

Looks like an interesting prospect...

only 19 reps... damn at least he coulda done more than darren sproles cmon hes 6'5" 320 and he only got it up 19 times... not good upper body strength...

inFINSible said:
Thank you sir....i suppose I could have done that...:o

Looks like an interesting prospect...
You could have... but I need every post I can muster to reach your 17,000 + :lol:

arsenal said:
only 19 reps... damn at least he coulda done more than darren sproles cmon hes 6'5" 320 and he only got it up 19 times... not good upper body strength...

Yea, sounds a bit low to me2...Makes you how much work he put into the weight room while in school...Is this something that can be improved on and I wonder by how much?

19 reps????? at 320 lbs. bump Roos. I'm sorry, but for someone who is supposed to defend his QB with the same motion as it takes to bench weight off your chest, he can't get the job done. This kid is weak.

After getting two FAs for the O-line I seriously doubt that the Dolphins will take a tackle or guard in the 3rd round. When looking at what the new O-line coach did in San Diego one can believe them when they say that they wanna stick with the players they currently have.
Good thing about the Dolphins is that they have so many weaknesses that they can take the best player available and he will fit right in.

Back
Top Bottom