Kiper's Third Round Predictions | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Kiper's Third Round Predictions

Cranx

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Kiper released his 3rd round predictions and has us taking Eric Heitmann, an OG out of Stanford. I love the Pac 10 but didn't get to see Stanford play too much this year and therefore know virtually nothing about this guy other than what I've read. Kiper has him rated as the #5 OG in the draft and here's what he has to say about him:

Heitmann performed at a solid level throughout his career at Stanford. In fact, he was one of the most underrated linemen in the country. In the weight room, Heitmann has few peers, and he uses his power effectively. He also shows mobility and light feet for a 306-pounder. While his strength is outstanding, he isn't a dominating blocker and struggled during the Senior Bowl practices. However, he's a technically sound veteran who is well-versed in both run and pass blocking.

I'd like to know what all of you draftnicks think about this prediction.

Also, here's Kiper's entire 3rd round prediction, enjoy:

66. Houston -- Scott Fujita, LB, California
67. Carolina -- Deion Branch, WR, Louisville
68. Detroit -- David Thornton, LB, North Carolina
69. Buffalo -- Josh McCown, QB, Sam Houston State
70. Minnesota -- Dorsett Davis, DT, Mississippi State
71. San Diego -- Fred Weary, OG, Tennessee
72. Dallas -- Doug Jolley, TE, BYU
73. Cincinnati -- Mel Mitchell, DB, Western Kentucky
74. Indianapolis -- Sheldon Brown, CB, South Carolina
75. Kansas City -- Joseph Jefferson, CB, Western Kentucky
76. Jacksonville -- Melvin Fowler, C, Maryland
77. Tennessee -- Lamar Gordon, RB, North Dakota State
78. N.Y. Giants -- Raonall Smith, LB, Washington State
79. Cleveland -- Andra Davis, LB, Florida
80. Atlanta -- Michael Lewis, S, Colorado
81. Arizona -- Rashad Bauman, CB, Oregon
82. New Orleans -- Tony Beckham, CB, Wisconsin-Stout
83. Houston -- Kevin Curtis, DB, Texas Tech
84. St. Louis (from Washington) -- Antwaan Randle El, WR, Indiana
- -. Denver (forfeited selection)
85. Seattle -- Brian Williams, CB, N.C. State
86. Tampa Bay -- Terry Charles, WR, Portland State
87. Baltimore -- Ron Johnson, WR, Minnesota
88. NY Jets -- Justin Bannan, DT, Colorado
89. Oakland -- Marquand Manuel, DB, Florida
90. Miami -- Eric Heitmann, OG, Stanford
91. Philadelphia -- Jeff Hatch, OT, Penn
- -. San Francisco (forfeited selection)
92. Green Bay -- Ben Leber, LB, Kansas State
93. Chicago -- Terry Jones, Jr., TE, Alabama
94. Pittsburgh -- Rohan Davey, QB, LSU
95. St. Louis -- Qasim Mitchell, OG, North Carolina A&T
96. New England -- Emmett Johnson, WR, Virginia Tech
97. Buffalo (compensatory pick) -- Coy Wire, DB, Stanford
98. Arizona (compensatory pick) -- Ladell Betts, RB, Iowa

This all came from the ESPN insider page.

I think Kiper has a few players a bit too high. I seriously doubt Jeff Hatch will make it into the first day. He's an intriguing player that is on the rise, but I just can't see him making that kind of jump.

Heitmann is a guy the Dolphins looked at during the Senior Bowl. He's a strong guy, but he's not exactly a big guy. He's more of a position blocker than a pop and drive blocker.

I would think Miami would be looking for big, drive blockers with bubble butts that can knock guys off the ball and drive them down the field.

Eric Heitmann he is not Larry Allen, but
Positives: Looks like the leader of the offensive line and really seems to enjoy the game. Heitmann has never missed a game with injury, plays through pain and has very good intangibles

Summary: Solid but somewhat-limited, blue-collar player who has great intangibles and enough ability to overcome his limitations if he is in the right system.

sounds like he could be as good as any of all other OGs unless Dixon and/or Searcy return to form.

and from Brandt

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2002/OL_ratings.html

14. Eric Heitmann, Stanford (6-3 7/8, 305, 5.26 on turf)
Had a complete workout at the combine. Performed 33 strength reps, had a 28-inch vertical jump and an 8-foot, 7-inch long jump. Ran two 40s (5.25 and 5.26). Played offensive line and threw the shot put in high school. Team (Katy) won the Texas state championship. Played as a true freshman and started the next three years at right guard. Good athlete with quickness and body control. Gets into defenders well. Has ability to pull. Does a good job of positioning himself. Not an explosive, "move-'em-off-the-ball" type. The 49ers like this type of player. Will be a solid NFL player. Does a good job to kick or log.

Originally posted by inFINSible
:confused: :confused: :confused:

kick - To score (a goal or point) by kicking a ball.

log - The book in which this record is kept.

:goof:

Kick - Kick out block. It's a block where he either either pulls to the offside or does a G block to kick out the DE.

Log - I'm assuming Dave Te is talking about a roll block here. It's a block where you hit the ground and roll the defenders feet out from under him.

thanks 39, for clearing that up for me.:rolleyes: :lol:

and thanks to you KB for that weird, off the wall, definition. Funny stuff man.

Back
Top Bottom