Ko Simpson and Jason Allen | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ko Simpson and Jason Allen

Skeet84

Practice Squad
Reaction score
They both had horrible Wonderlic scores! You can only take this so far and I would not mind having either on our team.

Ko Simpson 10
Jason Allen 11

The official scores from the Wonderlic Tests taken at the combine were released. As usual, there were some interesting results. Texas QB Vince Young did indeed take the test twice. The league has been tight-lipped regarding his first score, but the higher score of his two attempts was a 15. Young's score was bad, but not the worst of this year's quarterback class. That honor goes to Virginia Tech's Marcus Vick, who scored an 11 on the test.
A perfect score is 50, and the highest score any player posted in this year's class was a 41 (Oklahoma DT Dusty Dvoracek). The lowest score of this year's class was an eight (Syracuse DE Kader Drame, Alabama ILB Freddie Roach, Louisville DT Montavious Stanley, N.C. State TE T.J. Williams and Oklahoma DC Chijioke Onyenegecha), and the average score of all the quarterbacks was a 24.6.
The Wonderlic Personnel Test (WPT) is a short-form intelligence test that measures players' ability to think on their feet, follow directions and make effective decisions under pressure. While Young and Vick exposed their weaknesses in those areas, other quarterbacks shined. Grambling's Bruce Eugene (41), Montana State's Travis Lulay (37), USC's Matt Leinart (35) and Oregon's Kellen Clemens (35) all posted impressive scores.
Prospects at other positions who excelled include Ohio State OC Nick Mangold (35), Tulsa TE/FB Garrett Mills (35), Oregon LB Keith Ellison (36), Cal-Poly State DE Chris Gocong (36), Cornell OL Kevin Boothe (37), Virginia WR Marques Hagans (37), Stanford DT Babatunde Oshinowo (37) and Boston College OT Jeremy Trueblood (37). Others didn't fare so well, such as Penn State DC Alan Zemaitis (9), Marshall DC Chris Hawkins (10), Miami DE Javon Nanton (10), South Carolina DS Ko Simpson (10), Central Missouri State WR Delanie Walker (10), Syracuse DE James Wyche (10), LSU WR/RS Skyler Green (11), Tennessee DB Jason Allen (11), Clemson DE Charles Bennett (11), Abilene Christian DB Danieal Manning (12), Texas Tech DS Dwayne Slay (12), South Florida RB Andre Hall (13), Pittsburgh DC Josh Lay (13), UCLA TE Marcedes Lewis (13), Mississippi State RB Jerious Norwood (13) and Tarleton State RB Derrick Ross (13).

This was on ESPN an Insider Story

t2thejz said:
Wow Leinart did better than I thought he would

Why does everyone hate on Leinart he is easily the best QB of this class coming out of college!

wazzy said:
Why does everyone hate on Leinart he is easily the best QB of this class coming out of college!

It's because he was the QB of one of the all-time great college teams and he won, 34 games in a row?

I am amazed by Dvoracek, I thought all his drug, alcohol, attitude problems where due to not being smart, but are cause of being too smart, you know ala Ernest Hemingway and all those alcoholic, geniuses, he is misunderstood, and lives in depression, pretty much like myself, I was able to put it all together just cause I got married and had a child, and became a working ant, instead of a thinker, I hope he can put it all together himself since he is an amazing talent and now knowing he is also a smart,sensitive human being sheds a light, I had him going in day two with his problems, but after this he is well into the 3rd round.

Doesn't worry me, it doesn't say they took the test twice and they play S and not QB.

Dolfan2788 said:
Doesn't worry me, it doesn't say they took the test twice and they play S and not QB.

Jason Allen will play CB starting out and if he fails at that than he will play Saftey.

Skeet84 said:
Jason Allen will play CB starting out and if he fails at that than he will play Saftey.

Why would he play CB instead of S? He played S at college mainly and has the size, strength and coverage for it as well.

Dolfan2788 said:
Why would he play CB instead of S? He played S at college mainly and has the size, strength and coverage for it as well.

No he played CB in college until they asked him to play Saftey cause they had no one to do it. He has all the tools to be a great CB.

wazzy said:

I think he's had the best college career, but to say that he is "easily" the best is an exageration. That is debatable.
I agree he's probably the best QB in this draft, but not by much.
I am not surprised by his score on the Wonderlic either.

Dolfan2788 said:
Allen played CB his sophmore year, then moved to safety his junior year, then decided to return to Tenn. for his senoir season and played CB.
I think the position he plays depends on who drafts him.

phinfan_1 said:
Allen played CB his sophmore year, then moved to safety his junior year, then decided to return to Tenn. for his senoir season and played CB.
I think the position he plays depends on who drafts him.

He played Saftey his Senior year

Back
Top Bottom