Konrad Fractures Finger, Mattingly to be signed | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Konrad Fractures Finger, Mattingly to be signed

Muck

Now completely imaginary
☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Konrad Fractures Finger, Etc

This is from Boomer on DT. Didn't wait till he posted it here :)....

Whilst there is no news on Ed Perry officially, it looks as though he has torn his ACL. This is a pretty big injury considering how we NEVER get kicks blocked or **** up field goals or punts. Apparently former Buc long snapper Chip Mattingly is going to sign. Mattingly is a pure LS from Louisville. Sounds as though Eddie Moore is hurt like Greenwood was 2 years ago and will probably miss a month. I would imagine Simmons is OK, it's probably just a strain.

I can't believe that we're getting so many players hurt again already.This is happening every year to us and is so frustrating.

Ozzy rules!!

too bad this mattingly guy isn't much of a tight end....

i'd prefer a player with other traits besides just long snapper...

Originally posted by Danny
I can't believe that we're getting so many players hurt again already.This is happening every year to us and is so frustrating.

Ozzy rules!!

They are tweeks, nothing too serious accept the acl, Perry will be missed, no team goes through training camp free of injuries.

Originally posted by DREADED-ONE

Perry is nothing but a long snapper...he hasn't caught a ball in the regular season the past two years.

Originally posted by DREADED-ONE

Don't worry man. The only skill required is long snapping. It's a position of its own. Ideally, you don't want your long snapper seeing the field other than when he's supposed to snap.

Very impressive resume. That guy is huge man-245pds, 6-2. We'll take him and he could eventually replace him altogether.

Now If only we could find a holder that Mare works well with so we can get rid of Royals.

Originally posted by Prime Time

Perry is nothing but a long snapper...he hasn't caught a ball in the regular season the past two years.
he also performs a critical role as official team barber. He is also one of the few Phins left who caught a pass from the Greatest One.

anyway, here's another tidbit on Don's brother ;)

Deep snappers

2. Chip Mattingly, Louisville (6-1 1/8, 243)
Four-year long snapper, also played as a backup tight end. Timed at 4.95 in the 40.
from http://www.nfl.com/draft/2002/ST_ratings.html

Dolphins | Konrad To Be Ready For Season Opener
Sun, 10 Aug 2003 10:41:10 -0700

Updating previous reports, the Sun-Sentinel reports Miami Dolphins FB Rob Konrad (finger) fractured his right pinkie finger during the Friday, August 8 pre-season game against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, according to Konrad's agent, Drew Rosenhaus. Konrad, who will have surgery to insert a pin to stabilize the finger, was told he could be ready for the 2003 season opener on September 7.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dolphins | Season-Ending Injury To Perry?
Sun, 10 Aug 2003 10:40:18 -0700

Updating previous reports, the Sun-Sentinel reports Miami Dolphins TE Ed Perry (knee) tore the anterior cruciate ligament and meniscus in his left knee, which means he will miss the 2003 season, according to an unnamed source. Perry was injured covering a punt in the second quarter during the Friday, August 8 pre-season game against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. His knee buckled as he stepped from the dirt of the baseball infield onto the grass at Pro Player Stadium, leaving a sizable divot in the turf.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dolphins | Team Looking For Long Snapper
Sun, 10 Aug 2003 10:39:30 -0700

The Sun-Sentinel reports the Miami Dolphins are looking for a new long snapper due to the injury suffered to Dolphins TE Ed Perry (knee) during the Friday, August 8 pre-season game against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. Dolphins head coach Dave Wannstedt said the team already was looking for a replacement for Perry, whom he considers among the best in the league. "You would kind of like to get a guy who can do a little bit more than long snap, [and] that is where it becomes a problem," Wannstedt said. "That is easier said than done."

Originally posted by Gonk

Dolphins | Team Looking For Long Snapper
Sun, 10 Aug 2003 10:39:30 -0700

The Sun-Sentinel reports the Miami Dolphins are looking for a new long snapper due to the injury suffered to Dolphins TE Ed Perry (knee) during the Friday, August 8 pre-season game against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. Dolphins head coach Dave Wannstedt said the team already was looking for a replacement for Perry, whom he considers among the best in the league. "You would kind of like to get a guy who can do a little bit more than long snap, [and] that is where it becomes a problem," Wannstedt said. "That is easier said than done."

How old is Perry??? I don't know If I would prefer a guy who could do more then Long Snapping...then he would want more $$$. It all depends I guess...

Back
Top Bottom