Konrad. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Konrad.

MacAttack

Starter
Reaction score
I think he is very underrated. He has great hands, and good blocking. We missed him for a game or 2 this season.

Something that we dont see much is those screen passes. We use the I formation alot with 2 WR. If we could establish Konrad as a passing threat in this formation, with screens and such, along with having RW in the back for the Run threat we would have more oportunities to go down field.

I just dont think we use our weapons to the best of our abilities.

I like him overall. Is it just me, or does he seem to run in slow motion though?

Konrad is not as fluid as you would expect for someone who ran the ball as much as he did at Cuse. He is great FB receiver out of the backfield and IMO w/b open 98% of the time to throw to on 1st down.

I have to wonder about his blocking as well as anyones since RW has not had room to run

Do you guys remember TONY PAIGE?

Why doesn't Konrad get Tony Paige like touches?

The screen pass against the Ravens was great because we saw that Yates can go down the field to make some blocks. I liked what I saw from the guy.

Seems everytime Konrad or McM touch the ball they gain yards.

Strange? No :(

Who knows why we don't use him more.

Originally posted by XoPhinsoX
Seems everytime Konrad or McM touch the ball they gain yards.

Strange? No :(

Who knows why we don't use him more.

Because we need them to block to help that porus offensive line.

Originally posted by FinsGoToGuy

Because we need them to block to help that porus offensive line.

thats BS! they are all keying on ricky. that is obvious. if you use konrad to block 75% of the time and catching a ball to get 5 yards + 25% of the time, that would be about 95% more pass catching that he normally does. Norv is not using people very well. if something works, you go back to it. its not rocket science people. bills fans will tell ya the same thing with gilbird.

Tony Paige was a freaking sledgehammer. I loved old #49.

Konrad is a good FB and it was good to see him getting involved again. He made some good blocks on Sunday as well.

Konrad is a good blocker, but for a guy that big, you'd think he could break one friggin' tackle in his career.

I've got some rather big problems with Konrad, actually. He's got good hands, he's reliable, and he's got decent speed. He's a pretty good blocker, too.

But as long as he has been a Dolphin I have never seen the man break a tackle. He is almost Deion Sanders-like in his quest to avoid being involved in high colisions.

He's a fullback, for christssakes. Friends with Larry Csonka, even. Wouldnt think Csonka would eventually point out to him that he goes down when people look at him funny?

Originally posted by ARealFinsFan
Do you guys remember TONY PAIGE?

Why doesn't Konrad get Tony Paige like touches?

Ahh Tony Paige. Fond memories come to mind. The guy was a beast.

Originally posted by FinsGoToGuy
The screen pass against the Ravens was great because we saw that Yates can go down the field to make some blocks. I liked what I saw from the guy.

I noticed that also. The Yates kid can hustle.

AHH Tony Paige! Arguably some of the best hands for a monster fullback. Great blocker too. Konrad needs a bit of work but it's great when he catches the ball out of the backfield. I wish they would do that a bit more often. As for breaking tackles not quite sure why he doesn't although when at Syracuse he still was much more of a finese runner and not a prototypical fb.

Back
Top Bottom