konrad | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

konrad

t2thejz

Perennial All-Pro
Reaction score
i hope we dont re sign konrad. sure we used him more then we did previously but he still only had like 2 catches a game and dyer can do that but i love the way dyer blocks so i would rather see dyer out there

I hope we re-sign Konrad, he is good. But, if we dont I am confident Dyer can do as good as job given the chance.

I think if we ride Dyer the whole year Ricky would have even better #'s... he is a great blocker... behind him and McMicheal it would be huge...
he can catch the ball... he may not make the one-handed catches like Konrad but he can hold his own.

Several times, Konrad caught the ball and looked like he was doing an McKnight impression. I would like to se him look a little more comfortable with the ball after he catches it.

I dont think you can tell anything about the Dyer signing. Either way, we need him for depth.

Ummm, are we all talking about the Same Konrad that was beeing talked about as a possible Pro-Bowl selection this year? The same guy that we all (myself included) were saying got robbed when he didn't get the nod?

I don't know how much he's asking for, but if it's even remotely reasonable, I say sign him. He only catches a couple each game, but they tend to be key 3rd down catches.

If there are more important signings possible EX: (WR, LB, Offensive Line) where the Dolphins are going to need more money, they won't sign Konrad. He can get a huge sum of money in teams like the Raiders, Seahawks, etc. Mainly teams that use the West Coast offense. There's still a good chance Konrad will stay in Miami because he loves it here, but I think he won't come back.

Actually, Dyer is not a great blocker. Sure he can blow up a linebacker but part of being a great blocker is blocking the right guy. Dyer didn't start during the Gailey era because he kept missing assignments. That's also part of the reason that he was inactive so often this year. At the beginning of the season Dyer was brought in on the goal line and in short yardage situations. But he was missing assignments and they stopped using him. If you taped the games go back and watch Ricky's TD in that game. Dyer was the lead blocker and he went completely the wrong way. Ricky got hit by two LBs and still powered his way in, no thanks to Dyer. It is questionable whether Ricky's numbers would be better if Dyer had started all year.

Originally posted by t2thejz
i hope we dont re sign konrad. sure we used him more then we did previously but he still only had like 2 catches a game and dyer can do that but i love the way dyer blocks so i would rather see dyer out there

How you guys underestimate what Konrad does is beyond me. The FB is a major part of our offense and Konrad is one to the best if not the fastest and best pass catching FB's in the league.
UNREAL! If he gets let go have fun watching Dyer drop passes and when he does catch them have fun watching him lose yardage with his 4.7 speed. :rolleyes:

I do not want to lose Konrad he is a huge part of our offense. Losing him would hurt.

The Miami FB

The Full Back position for the Dolphins the past 3 years has been a real mystery to me.

Deon is perceived as a bulldozer of a FB with blocking his best attribute. He is 5' 11" and actually more like 270 than his listed 255. Who can forget his helmetless rampage awhile back!?

Rob is more noted for his running (1500 yds. and 5+ ypc at Syracuse) though seldom used with the Dolphins and his receiving. His blocking skills have been developed during the past 4 years to a level deemed good by most, but he will never have the leverage at 6" 3", 245 that Deon has.

But why wasn't Deon the starter in 2000 and 2001 under Chan's system where rushing and receiving for the FB was no more than an afterthought? I have my thoughts on this and at least one poster has given his opinion.

Why, after Rob said he wanted to return, Dave said he wanted Rob back, and Deon said he wanted to go to a team he could start for - did the Dolphins give Deon (and Deon accepted) a 2 year contract. The paper said that more playing time was the selling point. But that comes from his agent, so who knows.

Why did the Dolphins bring in Femi last camp? Opinions varied from Rob being cut, to Deon being cut, to Femi just being camp fodder.

Different systems: Gailey vs. Turner
Different roles for the FB
Different skill sets: Rob vs. Deon

All of this has led to widely divergent opinions expressed by many posters on this MB (not that that is unusual).

This is a topic near and dear to me but I don't have any answers and I don't expect to have any until March, unless the Dolphins decide to make Rob a decent offer before his Unrestricted Free Agent status officially kicks in. Note: For the poster that said that Rob might be holding out for big bucks, let me assure you that isn't where things are.

Since neither Rob, nor his agent, are allowed to talk to teams until he is an UFA, they are in the dark about any potential opportunities that may exist, and will be for almost 2 more months.

So again there is a lot of speculation about the FB, as there has been for the past 3 years. I for one would love to be a fly on the wall during Rick/Dave/Norv meetings, but as always, the content of those discussions is held very close to the vest.

Just have to bide my time as always and try to interpret the activity as it happens, without reading too much into it. As Freud once said "Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar."

Great insight Jack, we are lucky to have an "insider" on the Konrad situation. I hope he re-signs with Miami but regardless I hope he gets a nice contract and is happy.

In our system, it makes no sense to let him go. I believe they signed Dyer for depth.

there is no doubt Konrad is an underutilized resource, especially his running skills. He s/b used like Edwards for the Pats who had 31 carries this year. That 1 F ag GB may be took that play out of the playbook

It is still hard to understand why Chan did not want Dyer in there since the FB never did anything but block :confused:

Back
Top Bottom