kpcane's first mock draft (3/26) | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

kpcane's first mock draft (3/26)

kpcane

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
I'll give the first 16 picks...I don't really care about the second half of the first round, so here it is.

Texans - Reggie Bush

Saints - D'Brickashaw Ferguson (Mario Williams is also an option here, I think Ferguson fills a bigger need though)

Titans - Matt Leinart (Cutler also an option, but I think Chow will override Fisher here)

Jets - Jay Cutler

Packers - A.J. Hawk (Williams is also an option here, but once again, Hawk fills a bigger need if he can play LOLB)

49ers - Vernon Davis (Alex Smith needs some weapons if the niners are going to do anything soon. They have a ton of holes, but Davis is the best available here)

Raiders - Mario Williams (Al Davis would be ecstatic if Williams fell, giving Derrick Burgess a tremendous complement, and giving the Raiders the best pass rush in the league)

Bills - Haloti Ngata

Lions - Michael Huff

Cardinals - Vince Young

Rams - Jimmy Williams

Browns - Tamba Hali

Ravens - Chad Greenway (I know this now seems like a reach, and this isn't a typical Billick pick. But Greenway has great instincts, and Billick knows how valuable a LB with great instincts is)

Eagles - Santonio Holmes (screw the combine, this guy is still the top WR in the draft)

Broncos - Chad Jackson

Dolphins - Manny Lawson (this is assuming we don't land Arrington. If we did, this pick could range from Winston Justice to Ko Simpson)

thoughts??

Mario Williams won't drop that far
Jimmy Williams' stock has dropped a lot ever since his pro-day (most scouts feel he's in the 20-25 range now)
Way too early for Hali, Browns are aiming for Bunkley who should be available, and if he isn't they like Wimbley a lot
Ravens also wouldn't pass up on Bunkley if he fell, which he won't, they like both Bunkley and Justice a lot and will probably go Justice if he is there
Eagles are very high on Reggie Brown and are looking to go LB/DL in the draft
Broncos won't take Hill, they already took two CB's last year and they traded up for a reason

RunRickyRun34 said:
Mario Williams won't drop that far
Jimmy Williams' stock has dropped a lot ever since his pro-day (most scouts feel he's in the 20-25 range now)
Way too early for Hali, Browns are aiming for Bunkley who should be available, and if he isn't they like Wimbley a lot
Ravens also wouldn't pass up on Bunkley if he fell, which he won't, they like both Bunkley and Justice a lot and will probably go Justice if he is there
Eagles are very high on Reggie Brown and are looking to go LB/DL in the draft
Broncos won't take Hill, they already took two CB's last year and they traded up for a reason

Jimmy Williams is NOT expected to go in the 20-25 range. He's expected to go in the 11-18 or so range.

cportis26 said:
Congrats on nailing the 1 position Denver won't take in the 1st round. Try Bunkley in that spot.
yeah i don't think anyone needs to draft a CB less than denver.
dolphinsfan69 said:
Jimmy Williams is NOT expected to go in the 20-25 range. He's expected to go in the 11-18 or so range.
actually he is expected to go 20-25. he's dropping hard.

dolphinsfan69 said:

You might be thinking about the Jimmy Williams pre pro-day, but after his pro-day his stock has dropped a lot.

Obviously there is always a team that might reach on a player (like Denver with Clarett) If the Dolphins were to pick him up I wouldn't complain.

Williams has the size and the speed but he lacks explosion and strength (he did very poorly on the jumping/bench/shuttle drills) and according to a lot of people he has a poor attitude.

And according to SportingNews there was a lot of talk that some teams have crossed him off their boards.

RunRickyRun34 said:

You read too much into it at this point. There is still 4 weeks until the draft, way too much can happen between now and then. Denver walked into a great deal and took it. There's probably a really good chance they move back down on draft day if no one slips, because most of their targets will probably be available through the mid-20s.

Everyone: I don't recognize any of the Broncos CB's except Bailey, but if everyone is saying that they don't need a CB, I'll take your word for it.
I know they liked Darius Watts more than Jerry Rice, so I still have a hard time seeing them go WR, but Rod Smith is getting up there, so I'll pick Chad Jackson for them, even though I don't feel good about it.

A couple of you mentioned Jimmy Williams...I see him climbing back up, because he's the most talented of the DB's. I'll stick with him for now.

Some mentioned Hali as well. As of right now I see him going to the Browns. I'll do another one later, but this is how I see things going for now.

kpcane said:
Everyone: I don't recognize any of the Broncos CB's except Bailey, but if everyone is saying that they don't need a CB, I'll take your word for it.
I know they liked Darius Watts more than Jerry Rice, so I still have a hard time seeing them go WR, but Rod Smith is getting up there, so I'll pick Chad Jackson for them, even though I don't feel good about it.

No, not Chad Jackson. They'd take Bunkley in that spot, DT is even thinner than WR.

cportis26 said:
You read too much into it at this point. There is still 4 weeks until the draft, way too much can happen between now and then. Denver walked into a great deal and took it. There's probably a really good chance they move back down on draft day if no one slips, because most of their targets will probably be available through the mid-20s.

why would they trade up only to trade back down? Doesn't make much sence. They moved up there to grab a WR. They knew what they were doing

playmaker1 said:
why would they trade up only to trade back down? Doesn't make much sence. They moved up there to grab a WR. They knew what they were doing

You assume it was Denver seeking out a "trade up".....

Actually, the reverse was the case here.
The NYJ seeked Denver out to do the trade (so they could move Abraham to Atl).
Denver just simply got offered a "too good to pass up" deal, and took it.

If it makes sense for them to trade down, they'll do it. If it makes sense for them to stay put, they will, and take BPA (Bunkley/Jackson/etc).

Mile High Fin said:
You assume it was Denver seeking out a "trade up".....

Actually, the reverse was the case here.
The NYJ seeked Denver out to do the trade (so they could move Abraham to Atl).
Denver just simply got offered a "too good to pass up" deal, and took it.

If it makes sense for them to trade down, they'll do it. If it makes sense for them to stay put, they will, and take BPA (Bunkley/Jackson/etc).

they had two first rounds picks. They were in good shape. They took this move because they wanted to go up.

Back
Top Bottom